No More IE!!

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The strange thing is that I never really experience any issues with IE7 unless I'm looking at things I'm not supposed to...hehe...

But even then, I really don't have that many issues that come up. I know that IE is bad about not having as much security, and that most of the adware and spyware out there is written to attack IE, but that's avoidable most of the time by downloading a firewall and using Adaware and Malwarebytes. Takes a little more time to download those, and I agree that IE should have that all inclusive in the browser, but all-in-all, I rarely have issues with it.

I know a few people whom also said the same thing ... once i got them on firefox they agreed they were much more happy with it. Of course their are still some who can't even download and install things correctly that still use IE..... you know the impossible to teach anything about a computer people. (aka .... my mom, sister)

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I know a few people whom also said the same thing ... once i got them on firefox they agreed they were much more happy with it. Of course their are still some who can't even download and install things correctly that still use IE..... you know the impossible to teach anything about a computer people. (aka .... my mom, sister)

LOL...I know exactly what you mean...I work for an IT company for an assisted living facility...we have to help nurses learn how to use MS Word and Excel and apps like that. Their field is medical, and while learning how to use a computer should be part of the schooling they receive, IMO, alot of the nurses we work with were around before computers were used like they are now.

Incidentally, we're only allowed to use IE6 here at work. I have IE7 at home, so I guess by comparison, IE overall isn't so bad to me...I guess I've been programmed to overlook the problems. I have wanted to try Firefox, but I've just never gotten around to it.

atinsley

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I stopped using IE a LONG time ago, about the time I started working for Microsoft I think. I even loaded Firefox on my production system while I was working there.

At my current job, I unfortunately have to have IE as some of our tools do not work under other browsers, but for everything else, I use Opera and FF, but mainly Opera.

Latest Discussions