No Manriki Gasari Video?

Calm Intention

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've not been able to find an instructional video on the manriki-gasari; in fact, I did a quick search on this site, and although some members have a familiarity with this weapon, it seems the knowledge is not so complete as it is with other weapons discussions.

I am self taught(have a fancy for different martial weapons), and this chain with the weights on the end, has like 5 times the torque as a nunchuk, and stings equally as much.

I am learning slowly though, and as with my other weapons, I am trying to cross translate what I know from them, and incorporate what fits(per se) to my learning of the m.g. This one is really a bit different though and I don't see as much potential to assimilate concepts of technique into this, as I have with the others.
Still, I think it will serve to make me more complete.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My advice for you if you are ever attacked by someone while you have a manriki kusari is to hand it over to the other guy and let him destroy himself trying to use it on you.

That is what happens to people that try to use it without the help of a real teacher. That may be why not too many people want to make videos of the thing. I have one in Japanese and that it all I am sure of.

OP
C

Calm Intention

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
1.My advice for you if you are ever attacked by someone while you have a manriki kusari is to hand it over to the other guy and let him destroy himself trying to use it on you.

That is what happens to people that try to use it without the help of a real teacher. That may be why not too many people want to make videos of the thing. 2.I have one in Japanese and that it all I am sure of.

1.:ultracool best believe it:)
2.If you have its name, let me know please; thankyou.

I was thinking that the person who produces the first video would own the
market.

Latest Discussions