New Wonder Woman (TV) Cast

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well she ain't Lynda Carter but she is cute.
Prolific TV producer David E. Kelley is known for creating female characters who tend to polarize audiences — most notoriously "post-feminist" poster girl Ally McBeal. Fortunately, for the "Wonder Woman" pilot he's helming for NBC, he's already made one move that has been met with near-unanimous approval: Adrianne Palicki has been cast to play the titular superheroine. http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/friday-nig...ds-the-lead-in-nbcs-wonder-woman-reboot--2390

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because a multi-billion dollar industry can't come up with original ideas?

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Because a multi-billion dollar industry can't come up with original ideas?
Aye... that has long been one of my laments about Hollywood as of the last 20 or so years. The volume of remakes, sequels and so forth... some are very good and yes in many cases improve upon the original(s) but where it's what I call necessary, should be done... where it's not (i.e. the wasted remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still -- which was a flop) should be left well enough alone.

Yet with the onset of computer animated and computer generated visual effects many feel that they can make that improvement. So one would expect this new Wonder Woman to be more "bad-***" than the original. Yet... who cares? I'd like to see something new.

Sigh.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Casting sucks, David E Kelly working behind the scenes guarantees over-wordy dialog and as little action as he can get away with. I have zero faith in the project ... but even on the page WW rings hollow to me.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Casting sucks, David E Kelly working behind the scenes guarantees over-wordy dialog and as little action as he can get away with. I have zero faith in the project ... but even on the page WW rings hollow to me.
Yeah, I like Kelley, but, damn, his characters talk, A LOT

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I grew up a fan on Linda Carter's Wonder Woman; she was just so cool, I wanted to be like her. And, that theme song rocked!

It wasn't until I was almost out of high school that I realized why my mom would roll her eyes whenever that tv show would come on and mutter, "cheesecake".

Latest Discussions