new website and forum

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would like to announce that Modern Arnis of Ohio has a new website. It is www.modernarnisofohio.com and it also has a new forum on which one can post. Please visit and enjoy. It still has some construction and content to be finished. It should be complete in the near future, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

Thank you,
Guro Dan McConnell
IMAF, inc. Board of Directors
Modern Arnis of Ohio

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The Modern Arnis of Ohio website looks real good so far and I encourage anyone to pay this site a visit.

Sincerely,
Brian Johns
IMAF, Inc. Board of Directors
Assistant Instructor Modern Arnis of Ohio

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Mao,

congratulations for your nice website.
But just have a lok at the pictures.
The name of the pictures does not fit to what they show (Or the persons I know must have changed quite a bit) ;)

Greetings from Germany

Dieter Knüttel
Datu of Modern Arnis

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Dieter,
I am aware of the pictures. That is one of the things that needs to be changed. Thanks for caring though.

sincerely,
Guro Dan McConnell
IMAF, inc. Board of Directors
Modern Arnis of Ohio

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice site!:D

I was wondering, I noticed on the Calander that you guys offer Aikido. Do you teach Aikido, or is that another instructor at your school that does that?

I have a little Aikido background myself (VERY little, I don't teach it!); so I was just wondering.

:cool:

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Paul,
Yes, we also offer aikido. I am one of the instructors. We also offer iaido. The three blend very nicely. Many fo the movements from one look very similar to the other. They're just called by a different name and you get there a little differently. Occassionally, I'll throw in a technique or a movement from one of the other styles that I have trained in for the past 30 years. I make sure to tell where it comes from though. I do not blend them all together.

:asian:

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL

Nice site!:D

I was wondering, I noticed on the Calander that you guys offer Aikido. Do you teach Aikido, or is that another instructor at your school that does that?

I have a little Aikido background myself (VERY little, I don't teach it!); so I was just wondering.

:cool:

It's true! Mao is a golfer!

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
perhaps, but a damn good one. And my club is LARGE. hehe :rolleyes:
Actually, I like to think of it as being in touch with my softer side.

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL

?????

:confused:

Golfer? I don't get it. :shrug: :D

Here is the joke. When you retire from work you take up golf.

Akido & Tai chi are the golf of the martial arts world.

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Let's see...........aikido a joke.............well..........I'll consider the source...........someone who has never studied aikido........and it is spelled a i k i d o.............aikido can be frightening when you're on the recieving end.............really though....I can take a joke.........and I have not retired...........from work or martial arts...........now that we've laughed about aikido..........let's laugh at Tims spelling...........HAAA HAAA............there..............I still practice other styles, by the way............thanks for the congrats. on the website..........still more work to do............

meet you on the green?

mao

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm watching the hx channel. Good show about axes, knives and swords............

mao

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just for the record. I have golfed before. I've even hosted a seminar too. I just didn't like having to wear the skirt!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I only did it for a semester (wrist injury, doing karate). I think it's very effective--but takes a long time to make so. It's an excellent multiple-attacker system.

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
I like to think of it as a kilt. Wanna know what I'm wearin' under mine? HHHmmmm? :D

Arnisador,
I agree, it is a style that takes longer to get very adept at. Once you are though, it's pretty cool to help people learn to fly. I go for long air time. :p

Guro Dan McConnell

Latest Discussions