New to Muay Thai, need help on weight.

DocFreedom

White Belt
Reaction score
hey guys, i started weight training when i was 17... Its been already 1.5 years.

Im 5'9" 172lbs(mostly lean). I used to be 145 Before i started to train.

My question is, what is a suitable weight for my hight.

I will continue to look for a local gym that teaches traditional and authentic muay thai as i havnt found one yet(mainly just MMA fighters teaching Muay thai).

Also, if anyone is kind enough to just throw out some basic tips you can train/do at home would be great. So far, i just use the hanging punching bag.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your weight is in a reasonable range. You're still young, and I discourage teens and kids from being too concerned with weight because of health issues.

As for training... You'll need to look around till you find a trainer you want to work with. There's really no good way to train properly without an instructor, unless you really want to ensure that you'll develop bad habits.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Finding a great instructor is a chore by itself, visit as many schools and then sit down and talk to each instructor find the best fit for you. The wieght things seems about right but why worry about it at this point enjoy life and keep training. Remember go to the meet and greet section and introduce yourself to everybody.

Latest Discussions