New Title

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen,
I have been awarded a new title by one of my students. The story:

I was teaching a brand new student yesterday. I tell the new children in my school there are three rules to begin with:
1. You are to answer me out loud.
2. You are to call me Professor. "Yes, Professor, no Professor, I don't know Professor." If you forget, don't worry, I will remind you.
3. Don't be afraid of my voice.

I was working with this lad and asked him a question. he answered, "Yes." I looked at him and said, "Yes, what?" He paused for a moment, thought about it and then said, "Doctor."

Move over Jerome, there's a new doctor in town.

Yours,
Dr. Dan Anderson

PS - I waited until it could be my Black Belt post. :D

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a good one. I myself just had one of my kids respond to me by saying "Aye, Aye Captain" when I gave them their job assignments in class.

Captain Tim:rofl: :btg:

PS: Bob, we need pirate smilies!!!!

P

progressivetactics

Cool story.

What was real cool is that Dr. Anderson is teaching the "newbies" at his club. How cool is that? A Legend doing intro programs.

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by progressivetactics
Cool story.

What was real cool is that Dr. Anderson is teaching the "newbies" at his club. How cool is that? A Legend doing intro programs.

Yes, I usually teach the first class for newbies. As good as my instructors are, nobody can get a feel for a brand new person like I can. Especially the children. They can be the most touchy as the karate/ modern arnis school is a new environment for them. I want them to be as comfortable as possible and ultimately, the responsibility is on me as it's my school.

Yours,
Dr. Dan

D

David Hoffman

May I add that this is my favourite post of yours to date! I wish more people would devote their energy to posting humorous and touching stories during these next weeks leading up to the second anniversary of Professor's passing. He would have gotten a good kick out of "Doctor Dan."

David

ps. As I am an acupuncturist, and accompanied Professor during meetings with Doctor's for many years as his "interpreter", my Official title given me by Professor was "Doctor Quack-Quack!"

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I can hear it now - (with a RP inflection) Danny. You are now a doctor. That is very good. You must open up a pratice and make the money."

You know, that would make a great thread for the upcoming anniversary of RP's passing. Your most touching or humorous story about the old man. You should start it.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

D

David Hoffman

Sounds like a good idea. If nothing else, we can all unite in humor and our fond memories! I'm not sure if I want to start it though, I think I'm already in enough trouble!

David

Latest Discussions