Orange Belt
Reaction score
Worth a look at for -security, Prison, Police etc even Training with knives
PPSS Brand

Last edited by a moderator:

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Looks great, there`s no doubt it could be an enormous help but I`d like to see something designed to deter the thrust. I`ve heard there are stab-proof vests out there, I just don`t have experiance with them.

I do have experiance with knives though. I worked 7 years in the custom shop at Busse Combat Knife Co. After the invation of Panama (yes, I`m old) we got comments from customers in the Spec/Ops community who said thier knives had gone through Kevlar vests "like going through an aluminium pop can." Still, being a knife guy from way back I`d love to get ahold of something light and concealable that offers real protection.

OP
Eazy

Eazy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yep good point and i did think about this before putting it here.
I figured some is better than none and i think for training for example if you doing a dissarm motion your partener may do things in real time knowing your not going to bleed out so when you grab the arm twist and go to flick the knife using gloves from this material and sleaves then your going to train in a more real situation.
Other advantages here maybe that if you run a marker on the blade your goint to see the hot spots on the material as well as it dose not mask all the pain so its going to be about as real as training for this type of even can be.
I would not discourage looking for something better but as they say on the vid they do custom applications for the clients needs so one would realy need to discuss with them.
Stabs are probably easyer to predict more than where your going to get slashed or come in contact with the knife otherwise.
Where as a stab is a focused point generaly one may know wich direction the knife is comming so move then block and dissarm. for someone willing to defend against a knife attack with some experience is likely to take a slash then a stab and most damage is usually the hands and arms.
As far as a straight stab i can only recomend turning the torrso to the same direction the blade is running and moving a side so the kife runns past the body and not into and towards it.
Doing that will turn the stab into a possable slash if the attacker turns the blade in at that point it will have little force behind it for a propper stab and you should be in a good position to grab the arm with both hands.
So alot to do with technque but only comes from real training or as real as possable.
I like the fact you can still feel the pain thats good that meens in training if you misscalculate your going to know it and makes your determination real.
The real effect should give you adrenaline training and a real sence of fear aswell.