New Logo

M

Mark Weiser

I am trying my hand at banner production for my school. I designed that banner on the homepage. What do you guys think? I tried about 7 different styles of pics.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
I am trying my hand at banner production for my school. I designed that banner on the homepage. What do you guys think? I tried about 7 different styles of pics.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

Do we get a link? I don't know what image you're talking about... :idunno:

Ian.

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Your banner looks cool with the tiger, but at first glance, I didn't notice GM Parker's pic on the bottom right corner. Had to look a bit longer to see it was him. Maybe use white lettering instead of the red, will make it easier on the eyes to read. Just my opinion :asian:

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Thanks for the insight I changed the settings on the Wording and made SGM Parker's pic bigger let me know if it is better?

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nice looking web site. I would offer two suggestions:

(1) If possible, get rid of the cheesey pop-ups. Nothing is more frustrating than a bombardment of unwanted ads thrown at you, and it is distracting from your actual advertisement - your studio!

(2) I would suggest two small changes in the text:

In the Modern Age the threat of a Violent Confrontation is becoming more and more common. True Terrorism is not limited to International agendas. The real threat to our daily life is the common street thug "who has no remorse to cause you harm" to get what he or she wants.

Try "whose only goal is to hurt you, or your loved ones, for their own profit".

It hits a little closer to home - more direct.

Be perpared! Be ready! Get the training to walk away from a confrontation while the person with poor judgement is lying bleeding and broken on the ground. Come train with US!

You and I know that's how we would probably plan to leave them, but some folks might prefer a more PC illustration, such as "lying incapacated on the ground - no longer a threat to you".

These are ony my opinion, and I do not mean to be overly critical, just hoping to help your venture into success.

Best regards and wishes for your studio, and your journey.

-Garry

OP
M

Mark Weiser

I would love to get rid of those pesky ads but I have to upgrade my Free site to a paid site lol. I like your suggestions. I liked them so much I added that text to my site LOL

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
I like your suggestions.
Sincerely, Mark E. Weiser

Mark,

The only suggestion I would make is to be more clear on your training background. Trained with who and when, and not the sort of generic "trained with the best", "ump-teen years of 'experience' "...it just screams, "this guy is not real"...list when/where you trained with the Tracy's, Sullivan/LeRoux, Lamkin, Ibaro. I know all these guys are "video dojo" guys...but that is another topic altogether. I just think it is important to be clear so people know...

Just my thoughts, jb

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Thanks for the 411. I corrected the Background Info and made it more detailed and personal.

Thanks.

Mark E. Weiser

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Um...ah...you might want to check the spelling carefully (James Ibaro?) on some of the files.

I'd also advocate keeping the resume clear, direct, and very specific. You've clearly got the credentials--just list 'em clearly, without hype.

Similarly--and this may just be a matter of taste--I'd go easy on the, "YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE THREATENED!!!" approach. Perhaps discuss some of the other benefits of martial arts?

And, well, this really will be a matter of taste, especially since I don't run a studio....but, to quote Gichin Funakoshi, "There is no first strike in karate." Of course, that's not exactly an assertion of pacifism.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

James Ibaro is his proper name. He was SGM Parker's very first Blackbelt in USA.
Also the point is to shock people into the reality of Violence they may face. That is the reason for the quote. I have limited Space so I have to do the best I can lol. I was told you do not want your visitors to scroll down too much so make it consice and to the point for information for webpages,

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
James Ibaro is his proper name. He was SGM Parker's very first Blackbelt in USA.
Also the point is to shock people into the reality of Violence they may face. That is the reason for the quote. I have limited Space so I have to do the best I can lol. I was told you do not want your visitors to scroll down too much so make it consice and to the point for information for webpages,

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser
It is not "Ibaro", it is [font=Times New Roman,Times,Times NewRoman,serif]Ibrao [/font][font=Times New Roman,Times,Times NewRoman,serif](pronounced E-brow), See his website at The Belt http://www.thebelt.com/index.htm

Also, since you are using Edmund Jr.'s sketch of his dad (SGM Parker), he requires you note that you have his permission to reproduce it on your webpage (and give him credit). A simple email does that if you have not already asked. It is proprietary artwork.

-Michael
[/font]

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Thanks for the Heads up on the profile Mike. I sent you an e-mail. I also added text above and below the Logo.

I hope it is okay.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Okay you guys win lol!

I changed my logo and then added a very detailed resume on the website.

I hope you enjoy it.

I will be adding more pages on the site such as Anti-Terrorism Topics and Emergency Management and Responses. Weapons and Legal Issues, Parasympathic Responses, Home Invasion, etc.....

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
might be more nice if you made your logo around the tiger. like a round patch looking logo. also intros are nice when you first visit a page. although they do get old if you visit the page alot. needs more pictures too. check out www.totalwarrior.com or www.skhquest.com i think they are pretty nice pages. get some ideas from other places. okay thats it. nice start!

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Once the Business get rolling this fall. I am planning on adding a Picture gallery from Classes and Seminars. Thanks for the info but I try to keep it simple lol.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

Latest Discussions