Name of Art on Ripley's

IFBB2b

White Belt
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago on "Ripley's Believe it or Not" they featured a martial art that was supposed to teach someone to withstand virtually any blow. Does anyone know the name of this art? I doubt it would have any practical application in combat (dont think you can stand there and meditate while someone is cocking back to knock your block off), but it would be interesting to research it.
Thanx, Jonathan

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Martial arts has it's share of Magic and tricks and so call one touch techniques.

If it was true and really works and anyone can learn them? How come the Police, FBI, Arm forces,SWAT,Seal teams, and any other special units....learn those things/styles or techniques?

Many things can be explain...many things look unbelievable.....

Any super natural that the average person can learn would be a 'WORLD WIDE" money making , famous and everyone would want to be able to learn that.

True some people can make things unbelievable real looking. IF IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? becarefull?

I have over hundred videos on martial arts...some show some amazing things a human being can do......just becareful? ..........Aloha

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was Rod Sacharnoski's "Combat Ki"

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's a thread about the combat ki stuff from the "Horror Stories" forum here at MT. Once you've read through that why not come on over to the Meet and Greet, start a thread and introduce yourself to the rest of the folks on the board. You never know when you'll stumble across someone in your area that trains in the same art.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was Rod Sacharnoski's "Combat Ki"

Sounds like it. So, why was it on Ripley's? it's not as 'what the heck' as some of there other stuff. They've done some martial arts related records, and a few people who did martial arts, but Combat Ki really isn't that off the wall.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've seen it on Discovery Channel and Ripley's. Today's Ripley's featured a guy named Thomas Cameron...according to the net, he's a 7th degree under Dillman. He was demonstrating the "human stun gun" effect with (what looked like) very poor form and power.

Another tv station wanted to interview him, and he demonstrates the no-touch knock out (and it, again, doesn't work on someone not his student...here's the link:

Last edited by a moderator: