Name a singer/band that no one has heard of

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I saw a band called OPUS as an opening act for someone in the early 80's - maybe Kansas - They were from Eastern Europe. There album, as I recall, had two great songs I would love to get a copy of: 'Again, and Again' was one of them. I'd have to get the album to recall the second.

I've searched in the internet age, and they are nowhere to be found. Sadness.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Franks Enemy - crazy punk/metal band from the 90's

Believer - Christain Metal band from the 80's. They made some AWESOME songs incorporating classical instruments with heavy metal songs. Even had an opera singer for a few songs. Kind of reminds of of "Roots" by Sepultara, just more musical :)

Crashdog - quasi-christian punk band. They have three songs I adore. Two incorperated bag-pipes in their punk songs. Another used a mandolin in punk :) Quite unique.

I love bands that merge musical styles...

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
what type of music do you like?

I can name three or four unsigned bands with awesome CD's available online somewhwere.

My personal favorites (in no particular order)

Mayan Factor (1st CD more so than their second)
Donegal X-press (love all their Cd's but Translations might be their best)
Jeznick

These bands are pretty different sounds, but excellent music.

Other bands? too many to list. ;)

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure how unknown he is, but I'll give Bob Mould a mention. Great songwriter and guitarist. Writes very loud, very melodic songs. Was also a member of Husker Du and Sugar.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh man where do I start?

How about some from Down Under.

Yothu Yindi
Kim Salmon and the Surrealists
Sea Stories
Daisygrinders
Barefoot
Scarlet
and my favorite from a while back: Tall Tales & True

Twister Alley
Run C&W
D.D. Wood

Rock:

27th City
Shooting Gallery

Relaxing:

Steve Turre
George Duke
Shawn Colvin

That's off the top of my head. Give me a few moments and I'll dig out the real obscure stuff later tonight or tomorrow morning. Can you tell I tend to like every style of music and lean toward to lesser known bands and individuals. :)

HG1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Big Country - Great rock band that was a one hit wonder in the states with the song "In a big country". Their second album/CD Steeltown is amazing.

Descendents - 80's punk pop - still making music

The 77's - Christian rock.

Curve - Toni Halliday has such a beautiful voice.
Quicksand - Slip is one of my favorite workout album/CD
Saxon - Old school 80's heavy metal.
fIREHOSE - Power trio Bob Mould band.
Catherine Wheel - "Heal"

OP
ArmorOfGod

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I found a great new singer named Sophie Milman and downloaded a few songs (legally) off of music.download.com
She is a 20 year old young lady who sings the most beautiful jazz you have ever heard.

AoG

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I saw a band called OPUS as an opening act for someone in the early 80's - maybe Kansas - They were from Eastern Europe. There album, as I recall, had two great songs I would love to get a copy of: 'Again, and Again' was one of them. I'd have to get the album to recall the second.

I've searched in the internet age, and they are nowhere to be found. Sadness.
Is this the same band that did the tune "Live is Life"? If so, I recall seeing that back in the '80's on Video Hits with Stu Jeffries....

Anyway, is this them?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is this the same band that did the tune "Live is Life"? If so, I recall seeing that back in the '80's on Video Hits with Stu Jeffries....

Anyway, is this them?

Wow ... that may be them.

Cool.

As I recall, the 'Live is Life' song was kind of dopey. But there is one song on one of their albums that I thought was great.

I'm at the airport now, got to make a connection. I'll dig deeper, later.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Big Country - Great rock band that was a one hit wonder in the states with the song "In a big country". Their second album/CD Steeltown is amazing.

If that's the same Big Country I've heard of they were more well known int he UK.

Rocky Frisco, if you like bluesy country type of stuff he's great and has a wonderful SOH. He sometimes plays with JJ Cale when JJ needs the help, that band is also good and not that well known in the UK though I'm not sure about the USA.

Latest Discussions