my second dummy

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
this is the second one i built within the last year. the first one i did was basically an experimentation. after months of almost nightly beatings, i made notes of what needed corrected and built the one you see below. a great tool for technique execution. i get a thrill out of popping a snap kick into his groin and watching it rise up about 6 inches off its guide bars. if anyone is interested in what it takes to build something like this for themselves, drop me a PM. you can get the plans off the karate connection website. i think it's www.karateconnection.com/ it's the Sullivan Kenpo site. anyhoo, i went off these plans in the beginning but in the 2nd version, did some tweaking. enjoy.

dummy1.JPG

dummy2.JPG

dummy3.JPG

dummy4.JPG

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Looks Good!

What type frame did you use... metal or PVC?

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

OP
Sapper6

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks for the comment Bill. 1st one was PVC. this model is cored out with 1" steel pipe. not squared but round. when i went to the machine shop to tell them what i wanted them to do and how i was going to use it, they recommended round pipe and not square. they said the weld would hold better. so far, so good.

thanks again

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Man, that looks great! My training dummy, Larry III, comes off the karate connection plans, too. He's made of PVC, but with iron pipe inside a central PVC pipe that connects to a three way then up through the head. That was a little modification that makes him last a lot longer as I kept heel palming the head off. To have one made of steel sure would be cool, though. Great pictures. Thank you Sapper6.

OP
Sapper6

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks for the comments guys! :supcool:

my next mission to build one that is set into a fighters stance. :)

Latest Discussions