My plans...

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, as some of you know my circumstances changed at the beginning of the year. I walked from my job in Feb and have been temping ever since, I must say in a great place and whilst it was completley different to my old job, i really like it!!

My wife and I decided to do something with the money I got, ie not put it on the mortgage (its not that much to be honest).

So on Oct 9th we leave little old Jersey and go on a trip.

First is India for a few weeks, then to Tibet. We then go to Thailand for Christmas and hope to meet up with CWK to train...and have a beer ;-)

We then have a while to go through Vietnam, Cambodia and Loas then Malaysia (not sure about Malaysia yet).

China is next, 1 month in Foshan training, then a few weeks travelling and seeing the sights, then another month up north in a centre which offers kung fu but also meditation, massage, Chinese kickboxing etc this will suit my wife more but they do teach WC so I will do that.

Then Japan for a few weeks to do as much as we can....we return home June 2011 if all goes ok, we dont mind if we come back earlier or whatever we will see.

So if anyone on here is in any of the above places and fancies a beer or some training (Neither of us are any good at WC but are happy to learn) drop me a PM and we will see what we can sort out.

If anyone has any info on the different types of WC, Foshan etc drop me a PM or post. Also has Vietnam got a branch??

Cheers

Bully

coffeerox

Green Belt
Reaction score
I see that you'll be passing through Cambodia, which is where my parents are from (I was born here). I hope you have a lot of fun on your trip!

cwk

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like a good trip mate.
I'll put a beer and a bong sau on ice for you.
icon7.gif

If your thinking of Malaysia, it'd make more sense to pop over the border while your in Thailand for a couple of days. The Malaysian island of Penang is only about 4 hours from where I live in Thailand and it's home town to a ton of old school, high level kung fu masters. There's even a Cho family wing chun master there ( but not the same lineage as the one I practice) called por suk who lives and teaches from a temple, there's praying mantis, south shaolin, white crane and Jow gar to name a few.
Also I have heard of there being wing chun in Vietnam but I don't know the details.

IrishMonk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That's awesome... I would love to do that some day. Have a great time man.

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't suppose if you guys would feel comfortable with it maybe taking a little video, I'm curious to see what a CLF WC hybrid system looks. The transitioning from close to long range, using high kicks ect would be interesting to see, The theory behind it too would interest me. Hope this isn't too much of a derailment :D

cwk

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't really say it's a hybrid system,it's an old version of wing chun with some CLF elements.

Latest Discussions