My hometown claim to fame.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did you see the David Letterman show where he made Dick Assman famous? I live in the same city as Mr. Assman. He owns a gas station here - after the Letterman thing, he put up a billboard saying "Home of Dick Assman" at his station. It was soooooo stupid that it was funny. Great story, eh?

What's your hometown claim to fame?

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well, no matter what his first name was, his last name is still Assman. You couldn't make a name that isn't funny out of it. It could be a lot worse. My hometown doesn't have a Dick Assman, but Buddy Holly cut his first record in a little studio here, also, last living Buffalo Soldier lives here.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
Did you see the David Letterman show where he made Dick Assman famous? I live in the same city as Mr. Assman. He owns a gas station here - after the Letterman thing, he put up a billboard saying "Home of Dick Assman" at his station. It was soooooo stupid that it was funny. Great story, eh?

My Home Town lost bein the capital of the state because it did not have a large enough water way. The nearest one, being the fort a few miles to the north, did not have the town of farmers.

G

Gary Crawford

I knew a guy in Jr.High named Richard Head.He got suspended first day of school when someone asked his name!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
Well, Flatlander, I live in Vancouver, Washington. It was the first Vancouver before the borders changed and part of the settlement moved north to what is now British Columbia.

'Round these parts, some folks wear shirt that read:

Vancouver
(Not B.C.)

Washington
(Not D.C.)

:boing2:

R

raedyn

The Dick Assman thing happened a few years ago - at least 4, maybe more. And that dude got a couple of appearances - just because of his name. He was real good natured about it. They have since closed the gas station that Dick used to own. For three years I worked at another station in the same chain in the same town. His station was right on the Trans-Canada Highway, and apparently that sign outside his store was good for business. Whatever sells, eh?

ps (*giggle* I typed "eh?" before I even realized it. Silly Canuck!)

R

raedyn

Nalia, it's about time someone took that title off of our hands! We've been the violent crime capital of Canada (per capita) for something like 5 years running.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chicago, where I was born, is the Murder Capital of the United States!

Woo hoo for us!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
raedyn said:
Nalia, it's about time someone took that title off of our hands! We've been the violent crime capital of Canada (per capita) for something like 5 years running.
Raedyn, where are you from?

Latest Discussions