Music of The Children of The Night

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Last monday night my caving group had it's monthly meeting. It's at 7pm and right now this time of year it gets full dark by then. The meeting is held at the Chattanooga Nature Center http://www.chattanature.org/ The nature center is fortunate enough to have a pack (6) of endangered Red Wolves.
Upon arrival at the meeting I parked my jeep and got out and stood rooted to the spot. The wolves were singing. Ok, howling is more accurate but it was such a surreal experience because the center is normally closed and all the lights are out (except for the building where we have our meetings). The center is also located in some deep woods (naturally) and so the effect was ... well... probably one of the most stirring moments in my life. This is a direct link to the wolves they have on the property http://www.chattanature.org/red_wolves.htm
The video is NOT the Chattanooga wolves but as close as I could get to the sounds (couldn't see the animals ... their enclosure was about 50-100 yards away from where (we) parked) that I heard to share with you all. They (Chattanooga wolves) were mainly high pitched but either way... enjoy.
While listening to this symphony I kept thinking of Dracula's classic line (particularly spoken by Lugosi)
"...listen to them... children of the night... what music they make..." Oh how right he was.
[yt]NPd4RNUg2IE[/yt] [yt]R1jo2I-pbzI&NR[/yt]

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's really cool! I have to say, too, that my dog has never looked at the computer quite that way before.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's really cool! I have to say, too, that my dog has never looked at the computer quite that way before.
:lol: really? thats funny... and cool too!
It does say that it's inherent in dogs to howl/sing. Cool.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
:lol: really? thats funny... and cool too!
It does say that it's inherent in dogs to howl/sing. Cool.

My friend Angie's dog used to freak out every time we'd play Jane's Addiction "Been Caught Stealing". My elk hound/German shepard used to sing along whenever we'd watch a wolf show on tv. I love that!

Latest Discussions