Muay Thai Training To Trap Music 2

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Muay Thai training to trap music, part 2. In this video, you will see elbow drills, punching drills, knee & clinch drills, a round of shadow boxing, and some calisthenic exercises.

Muay thai is more then just a martial art or a sport, it is a way of life. Learn muay thai, learn how to transform your body into a walking weapon containing 8 weapons attached to your body to attack and defend yourself in any situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
they got the bit about it being a way of life absolutely spot on in my view :)

don't care too much for their choice of soundtraack but each to their own ;)

the moves are basic and there's no power in the elbow/knee/punches either -- they're training MT but not at combat level --- jmo.

OP
S

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
observed like a true martial artist.
I was using power in my strikes, but not to the full potential.
1- I don't have a pair of thai pads (for punching, kneeing, and round and teep kicks)
2- The guy in the video is someone I know who doesn't do any martial arts, he just likes to learn things from me

So this is why I didn't go all the way in. **** I threw a pretty solid knee and he had the mitts placed out way too far in front of his face. My knee broke threw his hands as he held the mitts and I caught him in the mouth. Luckily I pulled back enough to not hurt him but he did have a little blood in his mouth lol. So this is why, but great observation.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
that explains why it looks wrong and a bit soft - thankyou for the clarification :)

did you not show him how to hold the pads or did he just say "i know what i'm doing" --- i've been training muay thai for too long LoL ;) it just looked a bit wrong cos to train mt properly there has to be power in every move that you do - it can't be half arsed or you'll just get killed.

my curved trike pads were one of the first things i got - they've helped to keep me looking more like me ;)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
observed like a true martial artist.
I was using power in my strikes, but not to the full potential.
1- I don't have a pair of thai pads (for punching, kneeing, and round and teep kicks)
2- The guy in the video is someone I know who doesn't do any martial arts, he just likes to learn things from me

So this is why I didn't go all the way in. **** I threw a pretty solid knee and he had the mitts placed out way too far in front of his face. My knee broke threw his hands as he held the mitts and I caught him in the mouth. Luckily I pulled back enough to not hurt him but he did have a little blood in his mouth lol. So this is why, but great observation.

If you only have mits you can sort of x block the knee with your forearms and that should stop it better.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Stonze. Watched this again and a question if I may. 3 minutes in or when you are throwing elbows, you're protective hand comes right back behind you're head. Just never seen that in so tight. You're personal choice? Just curious and no offense.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i noticed that too.

think that it could be his personal preference - not mine for sure i drop my hand to cover my abs cos my elbow is covering my face and chest.

seems like there are quite a few moves in that vid that are his own - hand placements and feet placements --- not major stuff but if he's having joy with doing it this way then good luck to him :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i noticed that too.

think that it could be his personal preference - not mine for sure i drop my hand to cover my abs cos my elbow is covering my face and chest.

seems like there are quite a few moves in that vid that are his own - hand placements and feet placements --- not major stuff but if he's having joy with doing it this way then good luck to him :)

Yeah, being unorthodox can be a very good thing. He looks very determined and I'll echo you, good luck to him :)

OP
S

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
that actually would work. Only thing is, you still wouldn't be able to go all in on someone's forearms unless they had extremely hard bones lol...but then again, that would be bad for the person delivering the knee

OP
S

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
since the elbow is coming in across my face, I take my protective hand and reach and grab my head for 2 reasons.

1-In muay thai clinching is used a lot at close range, so me grabbing my head makes sort of a "bar" to help prevent the opponent from reaching around and fully locking me in a clinch or "plum"

2-If the opponent throws a hook, round kick, or any sort of strike to the head on that side, I can defend it because this "bar" also is a blocking technique against strikes as well.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
like it :)

never considered that tbh -- cos i cross train boxing i'm always in - hit - out and constantly moving a throwing shots and getting out before getting hit and that sort of stuff.

but with the elbow coming across the face, the arm is already there protecting against hooks, uppercuts, clinches -- you can stop the clinch from happening cos you've got your arm up you can shove a reverse elbow into his head as he comes in to clinch you, if he goes in low then you can put a knee into his sternum and drop an axe elbow onto the back of his neck, win win ;)

the bar -- i stood in front of my mirror and did the same move you describe and was horrified by the amount of open space below the arm bar :( the whole of my lower chest and abs were open to attack - wouldn't take much to plant an uppercut into the sternum rendering me useless until i got my breath back by which time i would've been taken out properly :(

always nice to hear about other people's new moves :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since the elbow is coming in across my face, I take my protective hand and reach and grab my head for 2 reasons.

1-In muay thai clinching is used a lot at close range, so me grabbing my head makes sort of a "bar" to help prevent the opponent from reaching around and fully locking me in a clinch or "plum"

2-If the opponent throws a hook, round kick, or any sort of strike to the head on that side, I can defend it because this "bar" also is a blocking technique against strikes as well.

Yeah nice. Makes a lot sense and yeah, cool man!

Latest Discussions