Muay Thai/Thaiboxing or American kickboxing.

S-K-K

White Belt
Reaction score
I have done American kickboxing year and a half, here in Norway.
My head coach of this kickboxing club does not have a lot of resources for its kickboxing fighters. When it comes to kickboxing glory or any other big organizations because we are member of WAKO. There are many rules and regulations.
The kickboxing club I attend is about (18,4 km) from where I live.

In the area I live in we have a thaiboxing/muay Thai club. Which offers, Thaiboxing,Brazilian jiu jitsu and boxing.
It's about (120,0 meter) away from my house should I join this club. ?

It's been a year and a half and, I still haven't done any match in American kickboxing.
Been, on and off with my coach
The Thaiboxing club coach has good rescourses worldwide for its Thaiboxing fighters.
I'm considering joining this Thaiboxing club.
What is your opinion on this?

Last edited:

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
A year and a half isn't that long....if your coach doesn't think you're good enough then you shouldn't even want to fight

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also why does a Thai boxing club offer jiu jitsu classes...you should check that out. There's a lot of places that put the word jiu jitsu in to draw in numbers but don't know anything about it

OP
S-K-K

S-K-K

White Belt
Reaction score
Also why does a Thai boxing club offer jiu jitsu classes...you should check that out. There's a lot of places that put the word jiu jitsu in to draw in numbers but don't know anything about it
It's a good mixed martial club. But, the main art which is practiced in this gym or club is THAIBOXING.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's a good mixed martial club. But, the main art which is practiced in this gym or club is THAIBOXING.
Okay oh and disagree all you like but all I said is the truth your coach knows how good you are better than you do

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
And, they have a good instructor/coach in BJJ.
Then do it if you want but trust me if you start doing bjj you'll realise you really aren't as good as you think you are every begginer grappler gets humbled very quickly

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then do it if you want but trust me if you start doing bjj you'll realise you really aren't as good as you think you are every begginer grappler gets humbled very quickly
I think his intent to to do Mt not bjj

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You mean the club with more options better resources that is closer?

Yeah tough one that.

And look if you want to fight you do need to be in a club that lets you fight. A year and a half with no fights for a competitive gym is a long time.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

that is pretty common now with MMA. And the collaborative training gyms that are just offering more services to people.

Latest Discussions