Muay Thai (Red) vs. Burmese Bando/Boxing (Blue) Match!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a pretty interesting fight. The Thai guy is in the red and the Burmese guy is in the Blue. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've seen that one before - knocked him out cold! lol

BTW - The Blue guy is actually the Thai guy and the Red trunks is the Bando guy according to a viewer that understands Thai, so maybe it's a great show of Muay Thai kicking... (of course the viewer could be wrong)

Those local fights are always cool to watch. Those guys have no love lost between them.

King

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'll throw my lot in with tradrockrat, the Muay Thai guy is in the blue trunks. I couldn't understand the movement pattern of the guy wearing red trunks, almost looked like he was fighting untrained. However I had no problems associating with/reading the guy in blue. What scared me the most is the way the corner came in violently shaking that boxer's head trying to get him to wake up from a ko. There's a reason you don't shake a person's head after head trauma... Scary.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll throw my lot in with tradrockrat, the Muay Thai guy is in the blue trunks. I couldn't understand the movement pattern of the guy wearing red trunks, almost looked like he was fighting untrained. However I had no problems associating with/reading the guy in blue. What scared me the most is the way the corner came in violently shaking that boxer's head trying to get him to wake up from a ko. There's a reason you don't shake a person's head after head trauma... Scary.

That is very, very scary.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen that one before - knocked him out cold! lol

BTW - The Blue guy is actually the Thai guy and the Red trunks is the Bando guy according to a viewer that understands Thai, so maybe it's a great show of Muay Thai kicking... (of course the viewer could be wrong)

Those local fights are always cool to watch. Those guys have no love lost between them.

Yep based on the quotes below on the video and the technique demonstrated it does appear pretty obvious that the guy in the blue is the Thai Boxer.

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll throw my lot in with tradrockrat, the Muay Thai guy is in the blue trunks. I couldn't understand the movement pattern of the guy wearing red trunks, almost looked like he was fighting untrained.

Many times the Burmese boxer during these festivals is at best a novice. The Thais systematically train to figh (not that the fighters are pros - but they often use these festivals as training opportunities), but most of the Burmese fighters are farm boys that just happen to be able to fight - very little structured training at all.

Latest Discussions