Muay-Thai..is best Martial Arts????

Kwai_Tua_Noi

White Belt
Reaction score
Real muay thai and not the sport version does have grappling in it (ling lom)

Pahuyuth thai teaches all aspects of combat from weaposn to wrestling and grappling.

You can probably compare proper muay thai closest with Krav Maga.

As a sport. muay thai isnt that great TBH its the insane conditioning and Heart the thai people have that make them superior over other MA's. But if its for taking out an enemy on the battle field in quick succession then yeah MT all the way :)

Reason why Muay Boran isnt used in MMA? because your not taught to lock someone in a hold and make em submit. Your taught to break a limb or kill em.

Flying-Knee-Strike

White Belt
Reaction score
ok guys, seriously, how much skill does it take to hit someone in the groin, or gouge out their eye?
I think the reason Muay Thai doesn't really teach that is because it is a no brainer. All you have to do is shove your foot between their legs and BOOM groin strike.....
Same deal with Eye gouging and fish hooking, they require no formal training to figure out how to do them. i.e. they are not taught.
Besides those strikes are dishonorable.

Topeng

Orange Belt
Reaction score
ok guys, seriously, how much skill does it take to hit someone in the groin, or gouge out their eye?
I think the reason Muay Thai doesn't really teach that is because it is a no brainer. All you have to do is shove your foot between their legs and BOOM groin strike.....
Same deal with Eye gouging and fish hooking, they require no formal training to figure out how to do them. i.e. they are not taught.
Besides those strikes are dishonorable.
Being that martial arts were originally developed for combat and not sport, I'd say there is no dishonor in doing what it takes to preserve your life. If my safety is in jeopardy, I'm not going to adhere to rules and "duel" with someone.
On another note, if there was a "best" martial art, don't you think there would only be one by now? Muay Thai is a great art, but to close your mind to all the others will only limit you.
Isn't Muay Thai the science of 8 limbs, while Lethwei (Burmese Boxing) is the science of 9?

Kwai_Tua_Noi

White Belt
Reaction score
Muay Boran also uses all 9 weapons. 8 is only restricted to sport version of Muay Thai, though my research into teh history of SEA style fighting indicates that Lethwei is the mother style of Muay thai and other similar forms (pradal serey, Tomoi, Ling Lom etc)

The reason why there isnt just ONE martial arts is because simply each person has a different perspective in what they want to learn or get from it. Other then being a efficient killing machine there is the philosophical side of martial arts. The inner energy mysticism of it as well as religious aspects.

As for kicking someone in the groin... really only works if you surprise someone or get a lucky hit. If you go up against soeone who does martial arts your more then likely to get your leg broken if kicking them in the groin is all you know.

All martial arts is great against people who dont know how to fight. Some martial arts are good against other martial artists.

Muay Thai has proven time and again throughout history that it dominates the other arts. Though there have been some losses, the win lose ratio is higher for Muay Thai.