More Accusations of GOP Voter Fraud

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

Seems that 1996 was the last time we'll see a legitimate election....Sad News Indeed. I wonder if criminal charges will be filed?

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

Wow! My first neg rep point. I'm happy. Someone finally disagreed with me so much as to neg me. Woo Hoo! Tell you what you coward. Next time sign your name. That is all. Turn Two!

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting.

A great example of why private organizations should not oversee any aspect of voting.

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

It gets even better. This article is a good read. A GOP operative trying to vet 17000 democratic voters removed from the roles in Nevada, due to being "inactive". Why not try to get all "inactive voters" removed from the roles...Oh that's right, 17000 inactive democrats that might suddenly become active again, could cost President Bush the state...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6239767/

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
Absolutely disgusting.

A great example of why private organizations should not oversee any aspect of voting.

I read somewhere that the CEO of Diebold, a maker of electronic voting machines, promised to do everything he could to "win this election for Bush..."

Let me see if I can dig up the citation for that...

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i thought the promise was to "deliver the votes to the president"....either way...not the best thing to be saying in his position

TwistofFat

Green Belt
Reaction score
I dislike any side trying to thwart legitimate voters from registering and voting this fall. It has been a running joke about democrats getting the dead out to vote (Vote early and vote often, don't let a little thing like death stop you from voting - sayings made very popular from Chicago 1968 democratic primary).

I think when you have two parties that pay folks to register their own it creates a system that encourages fraud. Add to that the mad scramble for power in government at all levels...it is ugly.

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

TwistofFat said:
I think when you have two parties that pay folks to register their own it creates a system that encourages fraud. Add to that the mad scramble for power in government at all levels...it is ugly.
I agree with you fully. At least, if it's any consolation, some people go out and volunteer to register voters, and don't get involed that the partisan people get into, or at least that is the hope :)

OP
M

MisterMike

Looks like the Democrat Voting machine is also going full bore...

MAN GIVEN CRACK COCAINE TO REGISTER VOTERS ARRESTED IN OHIOMon Oct 18 2004 13:26:03 ET

October 18, 2004

The Defiance County Sheriff's Office arrested Chad Staton, age 22, of Stratton Ave., Defiance, on a charge of False Registration, in Violation of Section 3599.11 of the Ohio Revised Code, a felony of the fifth degree.

The SheriffÕs Office alleges that Staton filled out over 100 voter registration forms that were fictitious. Staton was to be paid for each registration form that he could get citizens to fill out. However, Staton himself filled out the registrations and returned them to the woman who hired him from Toledo, Ohio. Deputies allege that Staton was paid crack cocaine for the falsified registrations.

Defiance Deputies along with Toledo Police Department detectives conducted a search warrant of a residence on Woodland in Toledo, believed to be the home of the woman who hired Staton to solicit voter registration. Officers confiscated drug paraphernalia along with voter registration forms from the home. The occupant of the home, Georgianne Pitts, age 41, advised law enforcement, along with Ohio B.C.I.&I., that she had been recruited by Thaddeus J. Jackson, II, of Cleveland, to obtain voter registrations. Pitts admitted to paying Staton crack cocaine for the registrations in lieu of money.

A business card provided by Pitts indicated that Jackson is the Assistant NVF Ohio Director of the NAACP National Voter Fund.

The initial complaint received by the Sheriff's Office came from the Defiance County Board of Elections. The Board had received the 100 plus registration forms from the Cuyahoga Board of Elections that had been submitted to the Cuyahoga Board by the NAACP National Voter Fund.

Developing...

Of course it's not the first time..

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a0601776935.htm

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPrint.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200011\POL20001106h.html

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

MisterMike, that is just horrible. Irregardless of who the forms are filled out for, I'm getting tired of hearing about all the rampant cheating.

On another note, What do you think about people registering voters that hold up signs saying for instance "Democrats---Register to vote here!"? I saw that at a Walmart last night, and I was taken aback by it.

OP
M

MisterMike

Well, as for the new Walmart Greeters, I guess they are not looking for swing voters, but new ones. Surprising they chose "big business' " front door to do it - in fact the most evil one of them all by some standards.

You'll never see them set up tables in front of the local rod and gun club though.

I guess if you're out for sheer numbers, WallyWorld is as good as any-a-place. But if people are so lazy that they have to fill out a reg form on a sporadic trip to Walmart, chances are they won't bother to get out to the polls unless there's one next to Mickey-D's.

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

That is an interesting piece of irony there. I was half tempted to approach them, and ask them if they would allow me to register as a republican (I am recently registered in Cali as a democrat already), just to see what kind of reaction I would get.

To me, having a group setting up registrations targeted at one party just reeks of the opportunity to conduct fraudulent business.

Any your probably right, if they can't be bothered to fill out a registration form otherwise, they probably won't bother to show at the polls.

As for me, I won't have much of an exuse to miss the vote. My polling location is literally a 5 minute crawl from my home.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
MisterMike said:
Well, as for the new Walmart Greeters, I guess they are not looking for swing voters, but new ones. Surprising they chose "big business' " front door to do it - in fact the most evil one of them all by some standards.

You'll never see them set up tables in front of the local rod and gun club though.

I guess if you're out for sheer numbers, WallyWorld is as good as any-a-place. But if people are so lazy that they have to fill out a reg form on a sporadic trip to Walmart, chances are they won't bother to get out to the polls unless there's one next to Mickey-D's.

you took the words right out of my mouth, 100% correct on ALL accounts :asian:

OP
S

Spud

Though they weren't registering voters, I did see those vile liberal activists at a gun show this summer.

They were doing a signature drive to repeat the state's Right to Work law.

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

Spud said:
Though they weren't registering voters, I did see those vile liberal activists at a gun show this summer.

They were doing a signature drive to repeat the state's Right to Work law.
Hmmm...I don't particularly endorse the "Right to work". Of course I don't view liberals as vile either. I'm certainly not vile anyway...But I see your point I guess :)

Latest Discussions