Here is the flyer.

Attachments

• $Datu@Philly April 05.jpg
    $Datu@Philly April 05.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 228

James Miller

Purple Belt
Reaction score
1 month to go! Is anyone from MT planning on attending?
:boing1:

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing everyone down that way. I have alot of new concepts that we'll be working for this event. See you soon!

:partyon:

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
East-coasters; we have two sessions scheduled with Datu Tim in the month of April; if everyone really steps up it is a golden opportunity to cover a lot of ground.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
BTT.
Sal puts on a great seminar; anyone who has been around knows that the host makes or breaks the event. Well, Sal makes everyone feel right at home, has everything taken care of, and makes sure things run smoothly. Come one out!!!

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I’m looking forward to upcoming seminar series! I will be debuting a couple of new projects that we will be releasing at the US WMAA camp in June. Some of the new programs include:

• MACC (Modern Arnis Core Concepts)
• EDT (Edged weapons Defensive Tactics)
• TUSK (Tactical Use of Stick and Knife)
• PSC ( Progressive Sword Concepts)

Looking forward to seeing the Philly and DC crew!
Happy Easter,
:asian:

NARC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Making plans to attend, eager to meet the "PA Crew" !! %-}

OP
Cebu West

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Interest in the seminar has been great and so has registration, so it looks to be a good time.
With the double training sessions and split times along with a reasonable cost this one should good for everyone.
I am also looking foreword to the new material that Datu Hartman is going to present.

Hope to see some of you guys there!

Sal

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would advise that everyone should bring notebooks for this one. Many concepts will be addressed as well as working on classification of material.

:asian:

NARC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
%-} A notebook how about a couple! After talking with you this past weekend everyone is in for a big surprize. I'm so psyched I'm cut'n work!! Snitches have the weekend off... %-}

NARC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Oops my mistake you did advise everyone to bring "notebooks" ! I read too fast I am so excited !!!! :uhoh: Sorry!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am going to try to swing buy on my way south guys.

Mind if I stop by and get hit with sticks?

NARC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
%-} Seminar was great and well attended! Thanks Sal for "Hosting" Datu Hartman. See you all next time around %-}

"Shoot'em,Stab'em, Kick'em and check'em for a pulse"

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Excellent seminar all the way around.
Sal, as usual, hosted events without a hitch. Beverages and snacks were, as always, included in the very reasonable price of admission, and there was not a paperwork hang up in sight.
Attendance was good, with several participants making the trip from the DC area. Sal had the full support of his club, and most of my current students were present as well. Bruce Benson trotted out his training group for the first time; I was very impressed; good work big guy!
Special mention to farthest traveler Rich Parsons who came and spent the day with us (even saying kind words about my Ford product!)
Last, but not least, a good turnout from the University of Pennsylvania; thanks for the support gang!
On to the heart of the subject; Tim Hartman taught two related sessions. Both were targeted towards uniforming and streamlining the WMAA curriculum, but the application was not limited to those training in the WMAA program. The morning session focused on a streamlined method for teaching disarms and attacks. The material was not earth-shattering, but I found that the presentation was much improved. I felt that a novice player would gain true ownership of the material in a much faster time frame with the new format (and in fairness we had no novice players; even relative new comers kept pace well and allowed us to move at a fast clip!)
The afternoon session shifted focus from stick self-defense to stick fighting, that is to say contending with a more trained attacker or a duel type scenario. The material again progressed in a fast and furious manner, but all present seemed able to stay on top of it and attain at least a basic familiarity.
The highlight for me was seeing a preliminary roll-out of where the WMAA is headed. Clearly Tim has put a lot of thought into how to maintain and preserve Professor's legacy while still allowing the art to evolve. Also in play is Tim's continuing exploration of Balintawak which does shape his interpretation of Modern Arnis.
The next year will be interesting, and I strongly encourage anyone in the area who missed out to join us in the DC area on the 30th.
In summary, it was a great day seeing a lot of old friends and watching the art grow,

OP
Cebu West

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
As the seminar host I felt things went really well. Datu Hartman started things off with a bang by announcing that the WMAA is officially changing the Angles of Attack form 12 to 10 for our organizations curriculum. This was done by removing the #10 and #11.

Also in the first session we introduced a new and exciting way of teaching the Modern Arnis disarms. It gives the student a real feel for what they are doing and with a deeper understanding and ownership of the techniques. It also helps the flow from one disarm to another when things don’t go as you planned, which is something that occurs often enough.
Everyone took to the new approach readily and had a great time with it. We had 10 Modern Arnis Black Belts in attendance and this new method was well received by them, as was the switch from 12 angles of attack to 10 angles of attack.

During the second session we covered solo baston sparring and worked through the various levels. We started with abecedario then on to sequitas, and then discussed the final goal of cuentada and what was required to reach that level. Some of the beginners were a little overwhelmed, but had plenty of help and attention by the more advanced participants.
We had two 3-hour seminars separated by an hour lunch break. That format seemed to work well for those who attended. It gave people some options as far as time and affordability.

On a personal note I would like to thank Datu Tim for giving a great seminar and Rich Parsons for helping out. Rich drove from Michigan to Philly on his way to a vacation in Florida (quite a bit out of his way). Other than the fact that he scared the hell out of my dog when he first got to my house on Friday, however by the time he left on Sunday they we best of friends.

Chad, glad to see you back in the land of the living

John and Edward, thanks for making the long drive from DC

SAL :asian:

Latest Discussions