Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

MT member, StickArts.com, has a Modern Arnis contact from their site:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-New Hampshire-[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Kenshen Kan Karate & Arnis
78 Elm Street
Newport, NH 03773
(603)863-6678
[/FONT]
Lisa McManus of Jeff Delany's IMAF is located there: www.professorpresas.com.

Also, if you are interested in Sayoc-Kali or FCS, please pm MT Member Delta.
Please note: Modern Arnis is a subsystem of FCS. I think Delta may be hosting Tuhon Ray some time this year.

Best regards,

Palusut

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

IIRC you are up country a bit so this may be too much of a reach. If you ever feel like heading down as far as Route 128, you are welcome to watch or sit in on a class at my school. It's not a Modern Arnis program. Mike and May Williams teach a classical Filipino fighting system based on a blend of Dekiti Tirsia Siradas Kali, Modern Arnis, and Oido de Caburata.

No worries if it doesn't work for you, I just wanted to let you know that you'd be welcome. :)

Martial Arts Research Institute in Salem, MA

www.CombatKaliSilat.com

OP
Monadnock

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey thanks everyone. I did a search a couple weeks back and did find the Kenshen Kan. It looks a like a fairly long commute so that's why I posted to see if anything was closer. As for Mass, I don't get out to the 128 belt much as of late since I changed jobs. That would have been really great if I were still in Burlington.;) But I may have to drop in if I am in the area or can make some time. Thanks Carol! I'll certainly let you all know in advance.

Mike

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know a seminar was held at Franklin Peirce college many, many years ago...I don't know if there's still a group there.

Delta

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Mike,

While I don't teach Modern Arnis I do, as palusut mentioned, teach Filipino Combat Systems in Derry, NH. Feel free to Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

I hope you find what your looking for.

Good luck,

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Derry is right down the road from me....I may check it out

It's definitely worth a look. The FMAs are a great fit with Kenpo and where you have an excellent instructor that is rigorous and disciplined, you'll have a great base for exploring Kali. :asian:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind going myself, my office is also in southern NH. But getting away in the evening tends to be a challenge...

Latest Discussions