MMA vs Street

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
The thing that makes something funny is the underlying truth, and that was funny.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's the absurdity of these misconceptions that an MMA guy will fall to his *** and yell, "Get in my guard!" In a self defense situation,

True. But I have seen some of them go the the ground in circs where it was the worst idea ever. Just like I've seen TKD guys kick at the head and fall on their keisters. Or kenpo guys try to pull off some ridiculously complex attack when an elbow the the head would have worked.

and that an MMA guy is little more than an overly aggressive, steroid enraged thug.

OTOH, stereotype-based jokes are funny because of the element of truth. I'm just glad the "violent cromagnon" torch passed to you guys after we kenpo dudes had it for so long.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
In lieu of discussing the underlying truths, stereotypes and misconceptions that make the video funny above, check this for some Friday afternoon schadenfreude. A white belt rolling at a jiu jitsu tournament craps his pants.

[yt]qeX6JktV83A[/yt]

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
OTOH, stereotype-based jokes are funny because of the element of truth. I'm just glad the "violent cromagnon" torch passed to you guys after we kenpo dudes had it for so long.
The stereotypes truly exist, but not all stereotypes are grounded in reality. Some of the most destructive ones stem from insecurity and ignorance.

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok, that was funny. I think I'm going to have to pass that MMA vs. Street video around to all of my friends.

tenzen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
These were 2 of the best videos ever posted. That **** was so funny, literally.

And its not about tma vs mma. It was mma vs the street. Either way though it was hilarious.

Thanks to both of you for these videos I needed a good laugh.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
you know the guy on the bottom in that match has to smell that and is fighting for his life

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
These were 2 of the best videos ever posted. That **** was so funny, literally.
I like them both, too! :)
And its not about tma vs mma. It was mma vs the street. Either way though it was hilarious.
posting that video in the Wing Chun sub forum, you don't believe this is a TMA vs MMA thread? I'm not sure I buy that. It may have been unintentional, but let's be real.
Thanks to both of you for these videos I needed a good laugh.
:)

And, just for the record, if Kenpo guys crap their pants often enough to officially change the color of their gis, I'm glad I don't train in Kenpo! :D

OP
Z

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
I like them both, too! :)
posting that video in the Wing Chun sub forum, you don't believe this is a TMA vs MMA thread? I'm not sure I buy that. It may have been unintentional, but let's be real.:)

It was sent to me by one of my students who is a Thai Boxing instructor. Every art has a few people like that somewhere. I just thought it was funny.

If I'd a posted it in the MMA section, you all would of thought I was being a dick.

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny video.

You get people like that in all MA's, in fact all walks of life.

Even his bad kicks looked better than mine....back to the drawing board:)

Any idea where I can get some of those rip off trousers like his, in case I get in any bother??

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If you're interested, he did a series of these videos. I went ahead and posted the entire series, including the original of the first one that hasn't been edited.. The third one was recorded at a legit BJJ school in Idaho owned by Keith Owens (a pedro sauer guy, IIRC). Pretty funny.

[yt]VXNroQ1-dWs[/yt]

[yt]SD6lautQN_4[/yt]

[yt]C0iP-VOUDyQ[/yt]

[yt]lAQun9eT-z4[/yt]

Reaction score
Hillarious .. both the vids ... The first one got really really funny about half a minute into it and the second one was just so random i couldnt stop laughing and im currently watching the series now. haha

In the spirit of posting a funny video that is martial arts related... with this vid i lol'd as much as i did on the first vid of this thread. :

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those were great Steve!
icon14.gif

Latest Discussions