Minor League Baseball.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We went to see the Albuquerque Isotopes play last night. (They won.) I love minor league baseball. On TV I'd rather watch a major league game, but as far as attending, I prefer a minor league stadium. You're closer, it's a less serious and more fun atmosphere, it's less crowded, and so on. I used to go see the Pawtucket Red Sox play in RI and enjoyed that, and now I'm happy to be close to a minor league team again.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Live baseball alot more exciting sometimes. Being to only one game in LA and our whole family enjoy the baseball game. Lucky you live near a ball park.....Hawaii to far away.....Aloha

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have only been to one major league game, but it was really good fun, next time i'm stateside i plan to check out a few more games. I should check out some minor league games for sure.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minor League ball is kewl. I've always felt it was a bit truer at times to the game than the majors, cause you don't have as many dueling egos out on the field. It is fun though when major leagues do rehab in the minors too. Sometimes you can get a nice cameo.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ping898 said:
Minor League ball is kewl. I've always felt it was a bit truer at times to the game than the majors
Yes! It's all-around more fun. I've been to major league games too, and that has its own excitement, but esp. when I'm taking my family, give me the majors!

It is fun though when major leagues do rehab in the minors too. Sometimes you can get a nice cameo.
Yeah, we had that kind of luck a lot in RI where future Boston Red Sox players often appeared.

fyn5000

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey Arnisador, Does the Albuquerque stadium still have the drive-up picnic area up behind the outfield? I used to go to the Albuquerque Dukes games back in the 1970's-1980's and had a lot of fun. I'm still not sure if I like the Pacific Coast League having expanded to 16 teams, but of course things change like the Dukes being gone and replaced by the Isotopes, the Tuscon Toros aren't the Toros anymore, and there aren't teams in Spokane, Eugene, or Sacramento.fyn

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yup, still there and it was all filled up on Friday. Kids inflatable attractions behind it.

It also has a sloping section of field in centerfield that turned an out into a double.

We're going back on Tuesday!

fyn5000

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Cool! That was always a great way to watch baseball.

In my previous post I mistakenly said there's no team in Sacramento anymore, but I'm wrong. I was thinking of the old Sacramento Solons.

fyn