minnesotans will know...

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
anybody from minnesota will know exactly what i'm talking about...today i was walking between classes with just a t-shirt on the sun was shining and i was thinking to myself what beautiful weather we were having...it was cool and refreshing...

than...when i got back to my room i checked the temperature outside...it was hovering just above 40 degrees...another scorcher in minnesota...:uhyeah:

and when i went to my first class in the morning it was actually below freezing...

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Milwaukee is due for it's first freeze tonight!!

Not yet please
Todd

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
it's coming and there's nothing you can do about it...our month of summer was really nice this year though...

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Bignick, some people don't feel the cold....no its not bad, I went out to the mailbox with a t-shirt on and it wasn't too cold. But I covered my plants last night at 1 am just in case. But tonight it's supposed to get around 29 so for sure it will frost. My geraniums still look great, its a shame to let them freeze! And good news, Kare 11 said that its going to get back to 70° soon, maybe for a week! TW

PS. after all, you always believe the weatherman!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bignick said:
i was walking between classes with just a t-shirt on
DOOD! They let you walk around Minnessota with no pants on??? I am so moving there!

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
bignick said:
it's coming and there's nothing you can do about it...our month of summer was really nice this year though...

I think that was one of the factors why my daughter moved to Arizona this year. She got real tired of walking on icy sidewalks in miserable weather. After 115 avg. all summer in Phoenix, it is now cooled off to 95. Maybe she will ship her sweaters and coats back. ;) TW

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
DOOD! They let you walk around Minnessota with no pants on??? I am so moving there!
you betcha they do...

seriously though, on a weekend night in my hometown....it wasn't a suprising sight at all to see at least one person every weekend not wearing pants...

my hometown has about 1700 people...and everything...and i mean EVERYTHING is closed by 10 p.m. so the only thing the kids have do is drink, do drugs, cause trouble, sit around, or sleep...

usually the first three are combined in some form

A

auxprix

bignick said:
you betcha they do...

seriously though, on a weekend night in my hometown....it wasn't a suprising sight at all to see at least one person every weekend not wearing pants...

my hometown has about 1700 people...and everything...and i mean EVERYTHING is closed by 10 p.m. so the only thing the kids have do is drink, do drugs, cause trouble, sit around, or sleep...

Of course! You Cobbers are a roudy bunch.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manitobans understand too :D

My flowers were fine yesterday... no so good today... below freezing.. just can't wait for that windchill to start again.

BBBRRRRRRRR!!!

I HATE WINTER!!!!!:waah:

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
bignick said:
You got a whole month of summer, how do you rate?
With the winter coming and the pack falling down-what are we wisconsinites to do?
Todd

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
now you know how we feel every year with the vikings

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Kai said:
You got a whole month of summer, how do you rate?
With the winter coming and the pack falling down-what are we wisconsinites to do?
Todd

uh....eat more cheese, get fat, then work, work, work, to get it off!
(and don't go outside until Spring) TW

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
uh....eat more cheese, get fat, then work, work, work, to get it off!
(and don't go outside until Spring) TW
It's scary it sounds like you've been here. BTW it is not getting fat, it is refered to as a "little winter weight" and takes the edge off the cold don't ya know? Kinda like back hair. Evolution wise I am one attractive guy.

B

Baytor

bignick said:
you betcha they do...

Almost everything in Minneapolis is closed by 10 too. It's really a 9-5 town. Things are starting to stay open later...but nothing major.
I have been loving the weather...I like it a touch cooler.

Silat Student

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well I'll just go sit out by my pool in my swim shorts and maybe take a little nap pool side (swimmin' is too much work in this heat). Thank gawd I don't live in the frozen north! ;)

Latest Discussions