Minnesota Martial Arts Academy

Azural

White Belt
Reaction score
Is there anyone here that is a current student or has been a student at the Minnesota Martial Arts Academy over in Brooklyn Center? I am contemplating joining and just wanted to hear some opinions.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
My wife used to train with Greg Nelson when he was at the Minnesota Kali Group many years ago. He's an extremely talented and highly skilled martial artist. He's a very good teacher. His fighters don't always like him; he puts the competitors through the wringer. But after they've been in the ring they love him for preparing them so well.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Greg Nelson taught my teacher thai boxing and grappling and I have met him several times at seminars. All I have to say is that if you get a chance to go and train with him, DO SO! He is top notch! And ranks, IMHO, as one of the top MA instructors in the entire state.

OP
Azural

Azural

White Belt
Reaction score
I will very much have to do that. Thanks for the info., guys.

gblnking

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I used to attend that school. All I can say for it is top notch. The istructors are excellent teachers. The curriculm is out standing. I unfortunately had to leave because of my schedule but hope to rejoin in the future. I'd recommend it to anyboby.

Latest Discussions