Mike Tyson

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
Alright just out of curiousity, I have 2 questions here. Whoever wants to reply can, whoever does not want to also has that right.

so here

1) Who thinks they can take on Mike Tyson here? In a real street fight.
or in the ring.

2) Who would win, Manny Pacman or Eric Morales Vs Mike Tyson. Do you think either of these smaller guys would have a chance with someone like Tyson?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ric Flair said:
Alright just out of curiousity, I have 2 questions here. Whoever wants to reply can, whoever does not want to also has that right.

so here

or in the ring.

No
2) Who would win, Manny Pacman or Eric Morales Vs Mike Tyson. Do you think either of these smaller guys would have a chance with someone like Tyson?
No, as talented as they are, the size difference is too much for them.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can I have my boarspear and .45?

Me fighting young Mike Tyson: I'm KO'd in seconds.

Me fighting older Mike Tyson: I'm KO'd in seconds and missing an ear.

Jeff

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When all things are equal, the karate guy beats the boxer, however, when facing someone like Tyson all things are not equal! Especially in his younger days, his quickness, sharpness of punches, and his ferociousness would make him pretty tough to beat. Even wearing ear protectors! :)

OP
R

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
lol, apparently Mike Tyson knows how to use his legs too!!! I remember there was an incident where he knee'd someone in the privates and punched out the person in a parking lot or something.

Mike Tyson= a decent ring boxer who was once an awesome boxer

Mike Tyson= an efficient street fighter with boxing skills who WILL bite your ears off, knee you in the groin, and anything else possible to knock you down and make you his "girlfriend" tee hee.

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The thing about Tyson is you could hit him very hard and he would more than likely just carry on. Unless you hit like a sledgehammer. If he managed even one decent punch on the average or even above average person there's a very good chance they'd be KO'd instantly. I know someone will probably say break his knee or put him in a wrist lock or something similar, but if you miss or something goes wrong then you've got a long rest in hospital to think about your mistake whilst slurping your dinner through a straw.

If i heard someone downstairs in the night, went down in my dressing gown and saw Tyson robbing the place, I'd probably just help him load the TV into his car and find him the remote.

OP
R

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
I always wondered, what if Tyson fought Kimbo Slice? Who would win?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I just don't fight animals... Tyson is just too far gone to retain his human being status in my book. Especially after that Hollyfield incident.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
I'm sorry, I just don't fight animals... Tyson is just too far gone to retain his human being status in my book. Especially after that Hollyfield incident.

He was just a bit hungry. That's all:)

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Many people said something wrong about the man.
Tyson endurance is very low. He is the kind that must win in the first rounds. Otherwise, it is not to his favor, and regarding the hits he can get, he is also weak. That's why if he got two punches from danny williams or evander hollyfield, he is down. The Boxer that was known for his endurance and strength was George Foreman.

Tyson was extremely good at hiting people. he was winning because his punches was the strongest punches I ever saw. I think that boxers lost only because they got hit by a truck, well it was not, the truck was Mike Tyson punch!!!!!.

Regarding fighting against him. Mike's fighting level and skill is much more than mine. I am not the kind that really worry about strength, because if I would fight someone for real, I would go for sensitive parts and finish my opponent, no matter how strong he is, but in mike Tyson case, I still find it difficult to hit him, maybe ask me after 10 years of intensive training, I would say Yes.

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but did Tyson ever get it on with Bob Sapp in the K-1 arena?? I remember Tyson issuing a ringside challenge after a Bob Sapp bout some time ago but I don't recall hearing if anything ever came of it. Anyone know?? Can't find anything on google.

Respects!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
swiftpete said:
The thing about Tyson is you could hit him very hard and he would more than likely just carry on. Unless you hit like a sledgehammer. If he managed even one decent punch on the average or even above average person there's a very good chance they'd be KO'd instantly. I know someone will probably say break his knee or put him in a wrist lock or something similar, but if you miss or something goes wrong then you've got a long rest in hospital to think about your mistake whilst slurping your dinner through a straw.

If i heard someone downstairs in the night, went down in my dressing gown and saw Tyson robbing the place, I'd probably just help him load the TV into his car and find him the remote.
Heh, you'd probably throw in pack of triple A batteries and tell him to have a nice day too.

Like Robin Williams said when Tyson announced he was on Zoloft... "Up the dosage Mike" :D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ric Flair said:

so here

or in the ring.

1) What are the stakes for the ring fight? How much for the winner and for the loser? As for the street fight it would a hard decision. I have been hit hard enough to have my eye cross after the impact. Yet I knew if I went down I would most likely never get up again. I got through it and survived.

2) Size does matter, but I do not know enough to make a real comment on it, as I do not know the current training states of all those involved.

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone here answering YES to number 1 is crazy.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rook said:
Anyone here answering YES to number 1 is crazy.

Hence my question on the purse and what the loser would get. ;)

Selfcritical

Orange Belt
Reaction score
stickarts said:
When all things are equal, the karate guy beats the boxer,

Not to sidetrack here, but all things will rarely be equal here when your average boxer has a) sparred regularly with full contact and b) included some sort of PT into his cross-training outside of boxing lessons.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ric Flair said:

so here

or in the ring.

OK for number 1, the question is who can take on Tyson, everybody here could take him on, 50% of us would get our rear-ends kicked, 49% would prove that humans can run faster scared than big guys can ticked-off, and the other 1% is just giving another option because NOTHING is black-and-white.

I would hope I would be in the 49% but if he caught me, for sure the 50%

Number 2 - Who knows, not me and I'm not going to speculate.

Latest Discussions