"Memory Almost Full" - Why, Paul? Why?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just bought the man's Starbuck's exclusive CD ... and I want my money back.

The first track is *wonderful* - lilting, happy, defiant of negativity in every way. It's what I identify with McCartney and most of the former-Beatle genre.

But the rest of the album sounds like a first album by some rookie - the lyrics are WANTING to say the least. Give me back my "Na-a na na Na-na-na na-a ... Na-na-na na-a .. Hey, Jude.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just bought the man's Starbuck's exclusive CD ... and I want my money back.

The first track is *wonderful* - lilting, happy, defiant of negativity in every way. It's what I identify with McCartney and most of the former-Beatle genre.

But the rest of the album sounds like a first album by some rookie - the lyrics are WANTING to say the least. Give me back my "Na-a na na Na-na-na na-a ... Na-na-na na-a .. Hey, Jude.

I think Starbucks went waaay over the top promoting that cd. I mean, they had big signs heralding "the essence-defining opus of the musical genius of the world, nay, the Universe!!!" or something to that effect. And then you get Paul McCartney strumming a mandolin singing, "Everybody gonna dance tonight / Everybody gonna Wang Chung tonight". I'll pass.

Latest Discussions