Meditation

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Absolute Clarity - Meditation for Spiritual Awakening

In the yoga tradition, there is no ambiguity: spirituality is the science pertaining to the understanding of our core being, and spiritual practices are the disciplines leading to the direct experience of this core being. According to yoga, the mind is the finest tool for discovering our core being. If this tool is faulty, our self-discovery is bound to be faulty. A clear mind brings clarity in every sphere of life, including the spiritual sphere.

Meditation should not be confused with religious practices. In meditation, there is no room for dogma or superstition

Simply Sitting - Video

JDenver

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yet I have alot of trouble differentiating between my religious practice and a spiritual practice.

I think alot of younger folks have the same problem. They are told that they can develop their spiritual awareness but that it exists aside from religious practice, as if the only religious practice were the major branches of Catholicism or Buddhism.

My religion can and does exist in the same area as my spiritual development. It's a more pantheistic view of things.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yet I have alot of trouble differentiating between my religious practice and a spiritual practice.

I think alot of younger folks have the same problem. They are told that they can develop their spiritual awareness but that it exists aside from religious practice, as if the only religious practice were the major branches of Catholicism or Buddhism.

My religion can and does exist in the same area as my spiritual development. It's a more pantheistic view of things.

Well in all honesty it doesn't really matter if it does or if it doesn't, to me it just does not have to be the same thing, it is more along the lines of whatever works for you.

Latest Discussions