Mayweather vs McGregor

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, his not fighting is to bad for the card and every time he fights he puts it all on the line!
Sadly I don't think him not fighting would've affected sales much for some reason he doesn't get as much attention even though he's one of the most exciting fighters in the sport

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sadly I don't think him not fighting would've affected sales much for some reason he doesn't get as much attention even though he's one of the most exciting fighters in the sport
There's the paradox. I love watching Mighty Mouse fight. He just seems to see the world in slow motion. I also like his professional attitude. He isn't very good at talking trash, which I consider to be a positive trait. Contrast him with Conor McGregor and you'll see which one works better.

Both are top tier fighters who are technical, train hard and have earned what they have achieved. No doubt about it. But one guy makes a ton more money than the other, and it's not the guy who is frequently referred to as the best pound for pound fighter in the world, one of the greatest fighters of all time, etc. It's a puzzle.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Probably not because for whatever reason people do not want to pay to watch him fight. Yet, in my house we love to watch him fight so it is a little strange that he doesn't draw. Steve is probably right in that he is not controversial and does not trash talk and in that business that counts for a lot!

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Smiley11-1.gif~c200

Daaammn......... he just got paid $300 million then hits the pokies and makes another, jackpot, just unbelievable...........watch..............

Last edited:

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
McGregor's Coach talks Conor's Loss to Mayweather, Cornering Conor, Saw Leonardo Di Caprio Ringside

Latest Discussions