Maunakula Resurrected!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
After having to move from my location in Kaneohe, my new location in Kahaluu is working out great! Thus far, I have been able to start a for credit class at the High School I work at. I have big dreams for this program, including a regular period within the M-F day rather then only on Wednesdays. Currently, I am teaching a group of upperclassmen and a group of 9th graders. The 9th graders, if the program grows, have the potential to take the class again for more elective credit. The end result is that after four years with four classes per week, these students could earn shodan...well maybe that's a bit premature. At any rate, I'm excited!

There aren't a lot of for-credit martial arts programs in this country. Apparently, my administrators were so impressed with my book that they felt that it needed to be included in our school's offerings.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For-Credit? That's a huge deal!

WOW! Congratulations!!

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For-Credit? That's a huge deal!

WOW! Congratulations!!

Thanks! The possibility to grow and spread the word about this new take on TSD are immense! I am excited because I can see this growing into something stratospheric. So many martial arts made their way from HI into the US mainland. What better way to reintroduce a different take on an old MA then to do it through HI?

Latest Discussions