mastering yang style taijiquan book

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
bigfootsquatch,

I think it is probably the same book with (for whatever reason) a different cover. They are certainly both by Louise Swaim. I have the the one with the grey cover and can thoroughly recommend it. Not a "sit down and read through book", but a great "dip into" reference book on how Traditional Yang Family Taijiquan should be practised.

Another one worth a look is "Yang Style Taijiquan" by Yang Zhen Duo - Morning Glory Publishers, Beijing 1996 and available through Amazon.

Yang Zhen Ji (2nd son of Yang Cheng-fu) also published a book on his family style, but it is in Chinese and only available from China.

These books deal specifically with Yang Family form as transmitted by Yang Cheng-fu and not any of the many variations we see today.

Very best wishes

OP
bigfootsquatch

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
bigfootsquatch,

I think it is probably the same book with (for whatever reason) a different cover. They are certainly both by Louise Swaim. I have the the one with the grey cover and can thoroughly recommend it. Not a "sit down and read through book", but a great "dip into" reference book on how Traditional Yang Family Taijiquan should be practised.

Another one worth a look is "Yang Style Taijiquan" by Yang Zhen Duo - Morning Glory Publishers, Beijing 1996 and available through Amazon.

Yang Zhen Ji (2nd son of Yang Cheng-fu) also published a book on his family style, but it is in Chinese and only available from China.

These books deal specifically with Yang Family form as transmitted by Yang Cheng-fu and not any of the many variations we see today.

Very best wishes

Thanks East Winds. I've ordered Fu Zhong Wen's book, and I should get Zhen Duos book for Christmas. haha :asian:

Latest Discussions