Martial Talk 500+

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Based upon the Fortune 500, I was thinking we could start some threads about the top 100 or so of each countries/cultures' arts instructors.

i.e.
The top 100 instructors of KMA
The top 100 instructors of CMA
The top 100 instructors of FMA
The top 100 instructors of JMA
The top 100 instructors of WMA
And all the others I have forgotten

Of course there will be discussions about living or dead. About Creators and Founders versus GM's and Masters.

Let us just say there is no order at this time. i.e. 1 and 100 are the same at the moment. In the end it could be alphabetical by name or system or osme other method we as Martial Talk argue about. :)

The idea is to just get a list going.

I figured this could be broken down later.

Like I said this is not about one culture over another or one system over another, jsut getting a list together.

In the end, all I ask is that we keep it civil and that we refer to the list as Martial Talk 500, or Martial Talk JMA 100.

If the grunts, I mean members like me and you of this board do the work to get a list then I think we might be able to get the pwoers to be to either sticky or have a special section for the list.

I know it will be easy to just go look at someone else's list. I would hope we can generate our own list. If we miss someone the great thing is we know people who can add them to the list. Or increase the number on the list.

Also do not try to just fill the list to fill it. It would be nice if we could look and say yes that makes sense.

I apologize if this upsets people. That is not my intent. I do have an motive. That motive is to have a list for people to reference and for that list to be associated with Martial Talk. :)

Well expect it to get a bit heated now and again that's all I can say... :D People are going to have differences of opinions on this or that instructor. So...

The heat is ok as long as there is room. Like I said it is not about making someone number one just on the list.

I would expect that up front each culture could make a top 25 of deceased and past influential leaders / instructors.

Top 100 instructors of CMA?? Considering that there are many more than 100 seperate styles of CMA, that could pose a few challenges...

Alright, i'll play... (it safe, hopefully!) and nominate Dong HaiChuan (deceased) for Ba gua zhang, as he was the founder of the art.

Top 100 instructors of CMA?? Considering that there are many more than 100 seperate styles of CMA, that could pose a few challenges...

Alright, i'll play... (it safe, hopefully!) and nominate Dong HaiChuan (deceased) for Ba gua zhang, as he was the founder of the art.

Make it 150 or 200?

Back