Man arrested in Texas for trying to cash $360 billion check.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you were going to try to cash a forged $360 billion check in your local bank, what would you take with you:

a.) A handgun, or
b.) marijuana.

Trick question! The correct answer is, c.) All of the above:

Man arrested in Texas for trying to cash $360 billion check

Charles Ray Fuller must have been planning one big record company. The 21-year-old North Texas man was arrested last week for trying to cash a $360 billion check, saying he wanted to start a record business. Tellers at the Fort Worth bank were immediately suspicious — perhaps the 10 zeros on a personal check tipped them off.
[...]
In addition to the forgery count, Fuller was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and possessing marijuana. Officers reported finding less than two ounces of marijuana and a .25-caliber handgun and magazine in his pockets.
It should be possible to charge someone like this with felony stupidity and give him the chair.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 166

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thats awesome! Maybe as punishment they should make him work for prisoner wages until his $360B debt is paid off!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How does one get the idea for this?

I suppose you're just sitting around smoking weed twirling your gun and the idea pops into your head to go try to cash a check for $360 billion....

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Arnisador beat me to the topic. I just saw it myself and was going to title the topic: "Forgery... You're doing it wrong!"
Pretty dang stoopid I'll agree there.
Still gotta give the guy points for dreaming BIG!

Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to move that decimal point two places to the right on my paychecks.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Living proof that stupidity is its own reward.

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
thats messed up , he said that he was going to open up a really big dojo, with it,,oh..man....:vu:, what is i going to do:EG:

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Some mental meanderings…

1) Texas – once again home of the biggest ______________

2) How long would it have taken for the check to clear?

3) Well our government has done nothing but print worthless billions of dollars during the past few decades – (see exchange rates recently). So he was trying to end this monopoly. Power to the People! Right On!!!
:D

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If you were going to try to cash a forged $360 billion check in your local bank, what would you take with you:

a.) A handgun, or
b.) marijuana.

Trick question! The correct answer is, c.) All of the above:

Man arrested in Texas for trying to cash $360 billion check

It should be possible to charge someone like this with felony stupidity and give him the chair.

(slowly tears up billion dollar check that he had planned to cash..)

brandy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
" I is smart "

Well, some people just make for good entertainment.
I guess since he didn't hurt anyone but himself, it's alright to laugh?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
(slowly tears up billion dollar check that he had planned to cash..)

It's hard to walk that fine line between moderation and greed. Do I settle for $100,000 or do I go ahead and add that last zero? Plus the commas are hard to move around without detection, so it's easier to just throw another ,000 on it. But then people start to ask questions.