Lucy Liu.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She said on The Tonight Show on Wednesday that she learned the samurai sword for the movie Kill Bill (shot in China), in which she plays an assassin. She talked about getting calluses, practicing postures/walking in a squatting position, and videotaping herself for practice.

She also said that she knows Kali, and could defend herself. They showed a clip from Ballistics of her using collapsible sticks.

M

MinnieMin

I am looking forward to see Lucy Liu in this movie. I think she will look real cool with the Samurai Sword. :)

Min

W

WilliamTLear

What do you think of what she said? I think she is a very attractive woman, but I don't know too much about the things that she mentioned on Wednesday, although I have heard many different people say that there are very big differences between Hollywood Martial Arts lessons and Application Martial Arts lessons.

Hasta,
Billy

K

Kirk

Originally posted by WilliamTLear

What do you think of what she said? I think she is a very attractive woman, but I don't know too much about the things that she mentioned on Wednesday, although I have heard many different people say that there are very big differences between Hollywood Martial Arts lessons and Application Martial Arts lessons.

Hasta,
Billy

Oh, I'm sorry, was she talking on that show?
:rofl:

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kiddies,
She was in Maxim a while back. I'll spar with her anyday. I heard rumors there were words on the pages, sad to say I didn't notice them. Anyone out there read the article?

I

islandtime

Originally posted by arnisador

She said on The Tonight Show on Wednesday that she learned the samurai sword for the movie Kill Bill (shot in China), in which she plays an assassin. She talked about getting calluses, practicing postures/walking in a squatting position, and videotaping herself for practice.

She also said that she knows Kali, and could defend herself. They showed a clip from Ballistics of her using collapsible sticks.
...................................................................................

I have read some other things about the new QT movie "Kill Bill"
Most all of the cast was required to get something more than the basics of different MAs, as they are all assasins. It should be good as it is QT's homage to martial arts movies. not to mention having a killer soundtrack as all of his movies do.

Gene Gabel:asian:

I

islandtime

Originally posted by arnisador

.................................................................................

In that same interview she mentioned Silat. Not a MA style you hear mentioned every day on tv. I had to run the tape back and go "cool"

Gene Gabel:asian:

D

DJDragon

I've heard she's done Thai boxing, Karate (not sure which style) and Penak Silat. Which I think is from Indonesia?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I saw Ballistic on Saturday, its more of a gun ballet than a MA film, but there are a number of good sequences in there. I definately liked her fight with Ray Park, I was wondering when he was going to show what he had. (though she somehow made it out of a knife fight with a itty bitty little scratch on her face.) I want to go back and watch that knife fight in slomo.

I'll give the movie a thumbs up, it was twice the movie XXX was.

Lamont