Looking for Qigong Meditation Instructor Training in Northeast USA?

rounderpeg

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all, first post here.

I recently completed a program in herbal medicine and am planning to open an herbal practice in the near future. As part of my practice, I want to lead a qigong group in the evenings to teach people to maintain their physical health and to develop psychological insight or spiritual awareness. This is the same way that I was introduced to qigong (and TCM) years ago, by an acupuncturist who ran a five-element medical qigong meditation circle in his waiting room.

Unfortunately, the organization (WISH -- World Institute for Self-Healing -- founded by Master Binhui He) that developed the meditations which I originally was exposed to (and still practice) is still active in Asia but has closed its USA and Canada chapters, so there are no more local, English-language instructor trainings by which I could get certified or otherwise affiliated for the purpose of public credibility when advertising the group and initiating students into a living school of qigong which they could then build on independently. Basically, I'm looking for a simple, affordable certification program -- something similar to hook into in 2019 -- which jives with what I learned from WISH, but the options seem to be slim.

While I have some fondness for Mantak Chia, the HTIA -- Healing Tao Instructors Association, which offers this kind of training around the USA, seems to have shrunk a lot in the last year (website has totally changed) and now seems kind of iffy. Even the listings at hubs like NQA.org are few in numbers, and a lot of the teachers I can find are more fitness/exercise oriented, more like tai chi type exercises. Alternatively, there are some crazy-expensive programs which are more aimed at people who want to be medcial qigong therapists (projecting qi into patients as medical treatment); for example, this guy is asking $5300 for a 20-day program: Medical Qigong Therapist | Inner Strength, Inc. with Dr Ted Cibik

Any advice?

Morningstar

White Belt
Reaction score
try zenwellness medical qigong and michael lomax neigong. Spring Forest qigong is also good as well. i've done them all.

Latest Discussions