Looking for a school in/near Plano Texas

Khazul Ves

White Belt
Reaction score
I originally did Taekwondo for 5 years before I had to move out of state.

It has been 3 years since I left and I am looking to start up martial arts once again.

I am not too picky about style but I am most interested in Hapkido or something similar to it. The most important thing for me is quality instruction.

I have been looking at a couple of different schools and two schools in particular caught my eye. The first is called "Moon Moo Do”, I recently went up to the school to speak with Master Lee about classes, he seemed VERY experienced, and he really seemed to know his stuff. I have not watched a class yet but I plan to sometime soon. Has anybody ever heard of it? I would like to know what other’s think of it.

The next school was Saekson Janjira Muay Thai. I have not called for information yet but I have heard about it before and was wondering what some people's experiences were like with it.

If you have any other suggestions for schools I would love to check them out.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, you know there are about two dozen schools in Plano. What exactly are you looking for as far as training goes?

OP
K

Khazul Ves

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, you know there are about two dozen schools in Plano. What exactly are you looking for as far as training goes?

I probably should have been more specific in my original post.

The most important thing for me is self defense as I have no desire to compete.

I would prefer something different than Taekwondo because I would like to try something new (preferably Hapkido).

Something that can help keep me in shape.

I'm also looking for a school that has classes at least 5 days a week and an experienced instructor who is serious about teaching with no horseplay.

This probably doesn't help much but I can't really think of much more. I did my best. :(

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure if you would be interested but check out www.swyi.com . Its aa Northern Shaolin Kung Fu school that I train at. It is in Plano. I have been there for a little over a year and love it. Come check it out. Link in my siggy as well.

Latest Discussions