Location & Head Count

silat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering who on this board is a Pesilat, where you are located and are you an instructor for Silat?

I just wanted to give people a chance to know who's in their area in case they want to learn Silat or get together and become friends.

I know that Trent and I will be getting together one day in the near future and I hope we will become life long friends.

I also hope this thread will help many others as well.

I will start:

Eddie Ivester - Biloxi, MS. - Instructor

Thanks,
Teacher: Eddie Ivester

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Silat, my experience is under Pak Victor DeThouars. If you're ever in Las Vegas (and EVERYONE comes to Vegas sometime ;)) look me up. I am considered a "Practioner/Instructor" in VDT Academy Serak Silat, and I'd love to share our experience.

Franco

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Todd Ellner
Portland Oregon
Sera - Not currently an instructor

Silat Zul Fakr - When the beta release is out I'm sure Guru Mushtaq will download it into my brain :)

Warty Cane Toad Style - From my wife's blog...
Simooms from the deserts of Libya
or hurricanes out of Caribbea
may level our towers
but can’t match the power
of the terrible Silat Amphibia.

megat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
from malaysia. dun know if any of u are close enough though. but would like to meet some of u just to chat or practise together.

oh yeah i am no trainer just a practitioner.

doc D

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello
Doc Dority here....
I work with a little group here in Dallas Tx
We train in Pencak Silat Mande Muda, Silat Minangkabau Lumpat Harimau and Silat Seni Kuntau Tekpi

We also enjoy puttering with a little Pekiti Tersia Kali....there are some good instructors around the area.....sure its not silat but it blends very nicely with what we do in silat.

Wes Tasker

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wes Tasker
Somerville, MA

I study and teach the following systems of Pentjak Silat-

Kendang
Petjut Kilat
Sera
Tjimande

along with Quan Chu Xing Yi Kuntao and Bai Yun Bagua Zhang Kuntao.

Kiai Carita

White Belt
Reaction score
Bramantyo here, in Ngawi, East Jawa, Indonesia. I study PGB Bangau Putih silat, plant organic rice and hibiscus tea and raise fish.

I am head teacher / wise master / bearded Guru, in the world famous "Academy Ilmu Tai Jadi Emas, Pusaka Leluhur" - or the ****-Become-Gold Ancestor's Heritage Academy, located in the Widodaren region of Ngawi.

Just ask for Pak Bram, Karalas, nDalem kelurahan Lawas, Kidul Pasar Totok, sing kathah sawo. Please drop in when you are around this part of the world.

Warm salaams,
Bram

jeff5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Jeff Fargo.

NW Suburbs of Chicago.

Practice leader in American Kuntao Silat. Just getting my group off the ground so I'm looking for more folks right now.

Not an instructor, all practice leader means is that I can show people some stuff without screwing them up too badly. =).

I also practice Kali, Maphilindo Silat, Jun Fan Gung Fu, Kickboxing, and various Grappling arts to one degree or another, although the Kuntao Silat is my main art and main focus.

Contact info is in my public profile. Take care.

Jeff

Latest Discussions