Locate WT-ers Bill Rose & Tom Bautista??

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm trying to track down two dedicated WT devotee/teachers from the greater Phoenix area: Bill Rose and Tom Bautista. I haven't seen these guys in about 15 years! Can anybody help me?

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
Did those cats ever live in Billings MT? Just curious,Sifu Steve Brandon introduced me to a couple of guys that fit that description.By the way how are you?I'm OK, still training alone,Kung Fu is a hard sell, if you know what I mean.training for the Sifu Boztepe seminar in Aug.

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi Joe! I don't think either Bill or Tom ever went up to Billings, but they both would have met Sifu Steve Brandon when he came to Phoenix to train under Grandmaster Leung Ting. Bill and Tom were my first students to reach technician level in the '80's. Later Bill taught privately and through Mesa Community College. Now that I'm back in WT again, like you, I'm desperate for experienced training partners....so I'm trying to track these guys down. Master Jeff Webb is coming out here in June and I'm working with my Si-dei Robert Jacquet. I'll be in Florida in early August for a wedding, but I doubt that I can make the Emin Boztepe seminar. That's just the breaks. Anyway, I hope some other people reading this will join you. Emin is awesome.

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
Steve,Glad to hear things are going well for you.Where exactly in Florida will you be visiting? Luck you, you will get to train with Sifu Webb,wish I was in your shoes.Honestly the very thing that strikes me as odd with the EBMAS style is the approach.They did not put a great deal of emphasis on the chain punching,also placement was not that stressed.I do greatly appreciate the lessons that I carried from the past and fully understand the purpose forgetting it right.Once you establish "correct,and protractor" then what does it matter if you deviate and adapt? you are properly grounded." Basic grounding principles,and protractor,just look at Sifu Bernd Wagner,both he and his wife are not very large people but yet are dangerous and highly effective.The EBAMAS system works(don't tak any of this out of context,the EBMAS people are great),it just seems to place emphasis on blasting through which could be advantageous for a larger more powerful opponent.GGM Ting says" to abandon your own force,unload your opponents force,borrow your opponents force in order to use it in a counterattack." This is what I am after.I believe we covered this topic once before.Is Sifu Tutterow under the newly formed banner of Wing Tsun? I'm just at a crossroads,trying to figure out where to go from here.The guy I'm training doesn't really have a lot of time to train,he and his wife are expecting in June,so I might be flying solo for the seminar.This reminds me of being a kid and wanting Kung Fu after watching Kung Fu theatre,foaming at the chops and being deprived.Anyway stay in touch.Take care,and say hello to Sifu Webb for me will you.Thanks Steve,

Sincerely and respectfully,J.Stapleton

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just another Thing,I still plan to attend the EBMAS seminar.I have only been to 4 of the EBMAS classes and 1 seminar so far, Sifu Michael Casey was cool to train with and I'm looking forward to meeting Sifu Emin.What can you tell me about him?His method of teaching? Later,Joe

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just another Thing,I still plan to attend the EBMAS seminar.I have only been to 4 of the EBMAS classes and 1 seminar so far, Sifu Michael Casey was cool to train with and I'm looking forward to meeting Sifu Emin.What can you tell me about him?His method of teaching? Later,Joe

I've only had a couple of experiences with Sifu Emin--once back in the late 1980's and once last year. On that occasion, I mostly just observed him teaching while I trained Escrima with Grandmaster Rene Latosa. Still, I would describe him as intense, no BS, and real. In the "Instructor training session", which I did attend, he showed a keen analytical mind as well. I would say that his take on "Wing Tzun" is not as rigidly traditional as some, but it is very practical.

Latest Discussions