Listen to your body

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was in town today and heard the song, ā€œListen to your heartā€ and thought about this thread! šŸ˜‚
Lately my life has been in a loop.

Repeat
...... Feel tired and lazy during the beginning of the day;
...... Force myself to workout;
...... Feel great after workout for the rest of the day;
Until (forever);

I just don't know how to get out of this loop. I'm afraid if I ever get out of this loop, I'll lose the feeling of "feel great".

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lately my life has been in a loop.

Repeat
...... Feel tired and lazy during the beginning of the day;
...... Force myself to workout;
...... Feel great after workout for the rest of the day;
Until (forever);

I just don't know how to get out of this loop. I'm afraid if I ever get out of this loop, I'll lose the feeling of "feel great".
Iā€™ve been the same way lately. Iā€™m going to try and find more time for meditation. Maybe this will help balance me.

Prince_Alarming

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
When I felt back pain, I would hang myself from a bar so my body weight could open my spine. I haven't felt any back pain in the last 20 years.

When you hang from a bar, it's good time to think:

- Who am I?
- Where did I come from?
- What's the meaning for my existence?
I also find it's good for grip strength, if you try to hang on until your grip gives out....

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I had a very funny experience yesterday.

I felt tired, lazy, and wanted to rest for the weekend. My wife reminded me it was time to work out. I put on my shoes and tried to do 1 mile slow walking. At the end of 1 mile, I decided to walk a little bit more. During the 2nd mile, I walked very fast. During the 3rd mile, I started running. At the end of the 3rd mile, I did very fast running.

This morning when I waked up, I felt tired and lazy again. :arghh:

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I had a very funny experience yesterday.

I felt tired, lazy, and wanted to rest for the weekend. My wife reminded me it was time to work out. I put on my shoes and tried to do 1 mile slow walking. At the end of 1 mile, I decided to walk a little bit more. During the 2nd mile, I walked very fast. During the 3rd mile, I started running. At the end of the 3rd mile, I did very fast running.

This morning when I waked up, I felt tired and lazy again. :arghh:
I climbed a section of the Mutainyu Great Wall. All up hill. Got tired as I climb made it to a guard house, was more tired, then went down a section of the wall to climb back up to another guard house, was more tired. Then took the ladder like stairs in the guard house to the roof, even more tired. Then started back down to the car at the bottom. Got to car i was exhausted. Next day had trouble walking due to issues with my fake knee. And i have to tell you i STILL have problems understanding how a metal knee can hurt so much

1716162598226.jpeg

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I climbed a section of the Mutainyu Great Wall. All up hill. Got tired as I climb made it to a guard house, was more tired, then went down a section of the wall to climb back up to another guard house, was more tired. Then took the ladder like stairs in the guard house to the roof, even more tired. Then started back down to the car at the bottom. Got to car i was exhausted. Next day had trouble walking due to issues with my fake knee. And i have to tell you i STILL have problems understanding how a metal knee can hurt so much

View attachment 31106
But you are still young and even money can't buy that.

When I read that Albert Einstein died at my age, I'm scary to stop my daily training. It's not that I don't enjoy my laziness. I know I will stop my training one day but it's not today or tomorrow.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
But you are still young and even money can't buy that.

When I read that Albert Einstein died at my age, I'm scary to stop my daily training. It's not that I don't enjoy my laziness. I know I will stop my training one day but it's not today or tomorrow.
Youngā€¦ depends on who you are talking to. Being in my early 60s, many would not call me young. But then those older that me, and I believe you are, might call me young

Latest Discussions