Like spicy food ? Try this

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah but how does it TASTE??
The real question is... why? Why make a sauce that hot? Novelty? C'mon!

As a semi-professional chef/cook I know the purpose of a spicy sauce is to help liven up an otherwise boring, dull, flat dish. But the sauce shouldn't be so powerful that it overwhelms the dish itself. I mean what's the point? A few drops or 1/4 teaspoon in a large amount of (regular) food will go a long way to enhancing the flavor of whatever it is you're serving up, even if it's salsa.
The burning, eye-watering should be secondary to the taste of the hotsauce or better put, as an after-effect and even then it shouldn't be to the point where one's taste-buds are incapacitated that nothing has any flavor or that the burning doesn't go away after a cool drink (water, soda, beer, whatever!).

This sauce actually sounds like it was created to win prizes/awards and not to help make a dish taste better.
I wouldn't waste my time ($$$) on it.

:asian:

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that the article ran in The Sun, the kind of people who read that rag are the kind who think it is a challenge to get plastered, cause a fight, and then eat the spiciest food they can find to prove they are real men.

(Trust me I know plenty of them back in the UK)

OP
TimoS

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
MACaver said:
Yeah but how does it TASTE??
The real question is... why? Why make a sauce that hot? Novelty? C'mon!

I agree, it just doesn't make any sense. I like spicy food, but this is ridiculous (actually, it's beyond ridiculous). I can't see any reason why this kind spice was created, except for, like you said, novelty

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
TimoS said:
I agree, it just doesn't make any sense. I like spicy food, but this is ridiculous (actually, it's beyond ridiculous). I can't see any reason why this kind spice was created, except for, like you said, novelty
Yeah, ditto here, but I don't see the point in eating something that is so intensely spicy that you just can't taste anything.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
So it doesn't say where to order it. :D

I'd get it for a friend of mine, as he's one of those people who eats spicy food till it hurts constantly. This, I think, would put him in his place. ;)

D

Deuce

My mother always told me, "If protective gloves and eyewear are required to handle something, DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH!"

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Would it even be legal?!? :D
Don't know about that, but it may work well as a form of euthenasia for the afore mentioned neanderthals...:wink2:

Latest Discussions