Lightsaber for $240K

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker light saber auctioned for $240,000 (AP)

Source: AP 4 hours, 6 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Luke Skywalker's light saber has been on Star Wars fans ' Christmas lists for more than 30 years.
On Thursday, one fan spent $240,000 to get the real thing: the prop that Mark Hamill used in the first two movies in the original "Star Wars" trilogy.
The light saber highlighted several Hollywood memorabilia sold at an auction in Los Angeles by Profiles in History. The auction house said it sold about $3.5 million in memorabilia.
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org-luke-skywalker-light-saber-auctioned-240000-ap
Two hundred and forty thousand?? ... and the damned thing doesn't even work? Please! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• $luke-skywalker-scaled-replica-lightsaber.jpg
    $luke-skywalker-scaled-replica-lightsaber.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 161
OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
240k for a fricken flashtube? Right.
Not this fan.

You, sir, are obviously not a dedicated fan...
I USED to be. Loved Star Wars... until Lucas fubared the whole story line with that stupid Anakin little boy no father pregnancy spoiled brat teenager "Nooooooooo!!" frankensteinesque change the story line to attract little kids marketing ploy idiotcy he tried to pass off in the prequels.

Mesa kin definitely say wesa hates whatsa hesa done wif it.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wasn't that EP 2 Padme? :D
Either her or one of the hand-maidens. :uhyeah:

Thing is... true fans or not, die-hard fans or not... to pay THAT much for a simple prop... used in only two films (or even sometimes with other props once)... I dunno... Yes it represented the beginning of Luke's passage into manhood and his growth to become a Jedi and all of that... still. It's nearly a 1/4 of a million dollars for pete's sake. $2500 I could see... maybe even $25K but .... sigh.

Like Indiana Jones said when he was a kid and later as an adult ... "It belongs in a museum!"