Liberals, Conservatives, and Rednecks on Self-defense

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
The difference between Liberals, Conservatives, and Rednecks?

Pose the following question: Youre walking down a deserted street with your
wife and 2 small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you , screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock 40. and you are a expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and
your family. What do you do?

Liberal answer:

Well, thats not enough information to answer the question! Does he look poor or oppressed? have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about the situation? Does the glock have appropriate safety built in to it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message am I sending to society and my children? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definately want to kill me, or would he be content to just wound me? If i were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such beahavior. This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with
some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

Conservative answer:

BANG!

Redneck answer:

BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!
CLICK.....(SOUNDS OF RELOADING)
BANG! BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG! click
Daughter:"nice grouping. Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver-tips , or the Black-talon hollow points?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I wouldn't be carrying a Glock 27, which only has the 9 rounds you mentioned. I'd go for a Glock 23. Slightly bigger, but 13 rounds. :D

Who knows, he could have friends. :mp5:

T

Tkang_TKD

I'm a liberal redneck, so I guess I would shoot, reload, shoot, and then ask if maybe shooting him could have been avoided (Kinda like the LAPD).

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tkang_TKD said:
I'm a liberal redneck, so I guess I would shoot, reload, shoot, and then ask if maybe shooting him could have been avoided (Kinda like the LAPD).

A liberal redneck?

If there is such a thing, you'd shoot the perp and then go through a shared and highly empathetic grieving process with the relatives of the survivor...augmented with a case of Pabst Blue Ribbons.

Regards,

Steve

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
No self respecting RedNeck would be carrying the Glock!

Geez, the 1911 makes a much bigger hole, and besides, if you can't do the job with three clips you shouldn't be carrying the derned thing anyway.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No. . . . a liberal redneck would ask the kids if they want to try a few rounds, then he'd smack his wife on the rump and tell her fetch him a beer.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
How? The wife is barefoot and pregnant at home! :D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is how I read it:

kenpotex said:
Redneck answer:

BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!
CLICK.....(SOUNDS OF RELOADING)
The Wife steps forward as the husband is reloading
kenpotex said:
BANG! BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG! click

kenpotex said:
Daughter:"nice grouping. Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver-tips , or the Black-talon hollow points?

Because, I noticed that Mommy was using her favorite Silver Tips.

:rofl:

Silat Student

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That'd be my mom, of course with the above mentioned rounds you wouldn't have to worry too much about body disposal. Can we say "chunky salsa"?

Latest Discussions