Laptop Help

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm getting a laptop.

HELP!!!!!!!

What I want is a machine with a lot of gaming potential.

I'm thinkin a dell....

512 meg ram
Pentium M 2.4
80 gig H/D
Nvidia GeForce 4 graphics card
Windows XP
Wireless network card for internet at home and school (wireless is required if I want free net access at school)
router that works with above network card for home (whats point of card if it ONLY works at school??)

something like that's gonna run me around $2500.... can I sacrifice any of the above and still retain maximum EverQuest potential??

hehe

-N-

P

pknox

I don't know what EQ's specific requirements are, but I would imagine that a lot of RAM, good video, and a fast connection couldn't hurt. Sounds like you've got all of the above.

If you're looking to cut features, I guess you could do with less of a hard drive, but that isn't going to cut too much off of the price, so I don't see a real gain there. I would think you could go down on the processor speed, though, and that could be a real cost-cutter -- considering EQ is an online app, wouldn't connection speed be more of an issue than processor speed? I know people who play lots of online games and have processors that run at half of that speed. As long as you have a broadband connection, a decent amount of memory, and a nice video card, you should be able to get away with less processor, right?

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I recomend Dells to people at work all the time. Just wait for the sales. You will find dell gives a lot of free stuff. Free shipping, memory, dvd, and hard drive upgrades etc. Just be patient!

BTW $2500 is a bit pricey. You should be able to get a killer laptop under $1800.

Latest Discussions