LAPD Captain: "I honor your commitment and passion for justice"

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sunday evening when my cable was on the blink, I went to Twitter looking for live feeds of the demonstrations.

A live broadcast by a citizen journalist in LA showed a protest that was being lead by a woman imploring the crowd that violence and property damage was not what the group was about. She was joined by a uniformed police officer who addressed the crowd. The conversation that transpired was not what I envisioned in a police v. protesters encounter.

The speech was very stirring. I was tempted to post it but didn't want to post a 2 hour long chunk of livestream video for the one speech. The same speech caught the attention of a blogger, who featured it on his blog.

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=10133

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice work by that police officer, I do agree :nods:.

What I have more trouble with is the notion that people from thousands of miles away think they have the right to cause public disruption (and alleged criminal damage) over the outcome of a jury trial. It's not a clear miscarriage of justice case and there does not appear to have been any issue of the state enforcing an iron-fisted will on some individual for political gain. So, without very much respect at all, setting foot on the road that could easily lead to riot over something that, at present, is no ones business but those involved in the trial, is a dilution of the effectiveness of protest when it is used more legitimately.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice work by that police officer, I do agree :nods:.

What I have more trouble with is the notion that people from thousands of miles away think they have the right to cause public disruption (and alleged criminal damage) over the outcome of a jury trial. It's not a clear miscarriage of justice case and there does not appear to have been any issue of the state enforcing an iron-fisted will on some individual for political gain. So, without very much respect at all, setting foot on the road that could easily lead to riot over something that, at present, is no ones business but those involved in the trial, is a dilution of the effectiveness of protest when it is used more legitimately.
Any excuse to steal is a good excuse. Its like after Hurricane Katrina and people looting I have no issue stealing food to feed a family in an emergency. My problem is stealing TVs and other electronics especially when there wasn't even any power.

Latest Discussions