Ladies Locker Room Information

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
There has been a new section created, it is for women only. It is being moderated by Tess and the rules will be set forth and enforced by her. To gain access to this forum, you must request access. To do this, PM or EMail Tess, at that point she will verify that you are in fact a woman. In the continental US and Canada, this will most likely be conducted by a phone call. She will call you to verify your identity. Once she has done this, she will confirm your user name to the Admin team. They will then add you to the user group. Tess may add further comments later.
Seig
MT Admin Team

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Will those who have been on MT for a while and already clearly known as bona fide females be automatically added, or do we still have to request audience before the Queen of Pain?

- Ceicei

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a list of folks from Tess that I'll be pre-approving over the next few days. Once I'm through the list, I'll update here, and if you haven't been given access we'll have the "sign up" feature in place by then. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the challenges we're looking at is how to fairly verify that someone is who they say they are. In the US and Canada Tess will be calling folks (I believe). Outside the US, we're looking at a couple of options. They include:
  • Mailing a copy of a government photo ID.
  • a small charge to cover an international phone call
  • webcam based chat
Our goal with this forum is to provide the ladies with an area that is theirs. A place where they are free to discuss "woman things" without worries about "testosterone boogers" getting flicked. This is a Premium service that we are providing to our female members.

It is "women only" and we mean that. The admins (who are male) will only enter the forum if the moderator(s) call for help.

Now, a note to any of the guys who want to "be funny":
1- If you create a 2nd account, lie about being female to access this forum : You will be banned.
2- If you lie about being female to access this forum: You will be banned.

I found this on another womens-only forum. "Please encourage your significant other to come to our forum. Men pretending to be women is a federal offense and you could find yourself in jail " I don't know how true that is, but I am looking into it.

Not to take the fun outta things guys, but we're very serious about giving the gals their own private area where they can be comfortable without us guys sticking our own 2 cents in. Please, respect that.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok, I have processed the list Tess sent me, and given access to those on the list.

If you are a woman, and wish to access the womans-only forum, you must do the following:

goto USER CP (top left corner of the page)
Look at the Control Panel on the left, under "Miscellaneous" click on "Group Memberships"

Click on "Join Group"
At this screen, put in your reason. You will be contacted to verify your identity.
Hit Send, and we'll take care of the rest.

Please note: your information is completely confidential. It is only being used to verify you are in fact who you say you are.

Thank you.
:asian:

Attachments

• $wf0.jpg
    $wf0.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 403
  • $wf1.jpg
    $wf1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 399
  • $wf-2.jpg
    $wf-2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 392

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
What is to keep subscribers from lying about gender or faking an account for access anyway? I am not arguing for or against the rightousness of a girls only club, we all need to be free to get together in what ever configuration we feel like at some time, but how can you make sure you don't have a guy in drag (or at least in the internet sense) in this locker room?
Those seeking access will have their identities verified in a safe manner.

Those who lie may face various penalties, including, but not limited to suspension, banning, multi-forum banning, and possible criminal prosecution if need be.

As I said previously...its not as big a deal as folks think, and it aint worth the hassle. To quote the uber-cop, Officer Bar-Brady "Nothing to See...move along." :)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok.. Here is information on joining the Ladies Locker Room.

go to User CP in the upper left hand corner of your Martial Talk screen. Go to Group memberships down the column on the left side. Click Join Ladies Locker room, then PM or email me and I'll tell you what you will need. [email protected]
Any questions maybe directed to me via pm or email.

Thanks,

~Tess
-MT S. MOD-

KenpoSterre

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i don't have a credit card and I think you are supposed to be a supporitng member for at least three months. can I send cash?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Look here for how to join as a supporting member - but I would suggest buying a money order if you can't get a check, rather than sending cash.

KenpoSterre

Purple Belt
Reaction score
money order?

i really want to become a supporting member because of all of the invaluble advice this website has given me. I also want to gain acces to other things that are exclusively for sm. SInce I am twelve I can't legally own a credit card and I don't want to use my parent credit card because they would most likely think I would be wasting perfectly good money. Can someone get me and address to send it to and then I can workout getting the money to you.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can get a money order for under a buck at most post offices, Walmart and most major supermarkets.

Do not send cash through the mail, ever.

There are alot of great benefits to being a supporting member, and we greatly appreciate the support.

So that you aren't disappointed though, please understand that there are a few areas that will still not be open to you because of your age. It's nothing personal, but we have to walk that line that lets as many people as possible access it, while keeping irate parents from taking an axe to the server (or me) :)

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I believe you have to be 16 with a sponsor to request membership into the LLR. However, that may've changed.

KenpoSterre

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ladies Locker Room Admission Guidelines

Requirements Effective December 1, 2004

To become a member of the Ladies Locker Room you must
1. Be a Female Supporting Member of Martial Talk -

2. Be an Active Posting Member of Martial Talk - excluding the Locker Room and Bar and Grill. (minimum 100 posts)

3. Minimum age requirement- 16 This will be waived if sponsored by another LLR Member.

and then there some more guidlines. The third rule will be waived...does that mean that its not set in stone but rather some they just want instead of need? I really want to be able to get into that forum and be a supporting member. I understand that I have to be activeo nhere for exactly 59 more days before I can join some groups that require people to be actively posting for three months.

Latest Discussions