Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Knife attack
By KenpoKing - Mon, 02 Jun 2008 17:29:17 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Hey all,

Been doing some knife work lately, and one of my fellow students asked how to defend against a diagonal slash from an opponent with a knife.

Using the clock face, with 12 being the persons head, 6 being the persons feet, the attack would come from 10 going down to 4.

I suggested that maybe a variation on returning the storm could be used, ie, get out of the way (zone of sauncutary) when the stike is on the way down and block on the outside of the arm on the return (assuming that the knife follows the same path but in reverse).

Don't get me wrong, I love questions from the students, as it makes you think your answer, and inturn gives you a better undersatnding of the tech that you are teaching, but I have to say that, going away and thinking about it, I really don't know!.

What, in your opinion, would be the best form of defense, apart from running away!.

I would very much welcome your comments.

Kindest regards.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

kenpofighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would let the slash come by then step in quickly and work on the outside of their arm. I defiantly would not do reversing hammers (twirling hammers;last teck. in form 4). If your left upward block (first move in teck.) was not strong and they kept slicing though look what they would be cutting. Right across your main arteries in your wrist. Not smart!

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
A self defense technique that would serve me well in a knife fight, irrevocably and unquestionably, is that ancient secret Kenpo art...

RUN NING!!!!

Latest Discussions