KT:Huk Planas Seminar - Scraping Hoof

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Huk Planas Seminar - Scraping Hoof
By michaeledward - Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:55:44 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Mr. Planas facilitated one of his 'Instructor Classes' this weekend in Connecticut. He reviewed several Orange Belt techniques. As usual, I picked up a lot of great information, but most interest was Scraping Hoof.

This is the write up from the reference guide

Quote:
Scraping Hoof (Full Nelson)
1. An attacker at 6 o'clock gets you in a full nelson lock.

2. Step to your left into a horse stance as you execute two outward overhead elbows that pull on your attacker's arms to break their grip.

3. Pull your left foot back to your right as you thrust both fists to the ground to help get free from the grab as you simultaneously thrust your head back into your attacker's face for a headbutt.

4. Pivot your body slightly to 7:30, bending your left knee as you aim into a rear bow. Execute a right rear scoop kick your attacker's left knee. Then, upon finding the knee, execute a right knife-edge kick to your attacker's right knee. Execute a right stomp on your attacker's right foot.

5. Pivot towards 4:30, bending your right knee into a rear bow as you prepare to take aim. Execute a left rear scoop kick to your attacker's right knee. Then, upon finding the knee, execute a left knife-edge kick to your attacker's left knee. Execute a left stomp on your attacker's left foot.

6. Step with your right foot to 10:30 and cross out

This write up, is pretty similiar to what I learned. One exception is the first move we execute are two punches over our shoulders before the outward downward elbows. The purpose of these punches (keep the elbows in) is really just to distract the attacker.

Yesterday, Mr. Planas presented a different way of executing the technique ... which shows up exactly in Mr. Hale's Kenpo Journal. Mr. Planas said the technique is called 'Scraping Hoof', not 'Scraping Hoofs'. In the write up here, we mirror on the weak side the strong side of the technique ... making a plural strike set ...two feet striking.

Mr. Planas showed this technique as this (abbreviated).
  • Step out with the punches over your shoulders.
  • Outward downward elbows to loosen the aggressor's grip.
  • Cheat in with thrusting downward punches to trap the aggressor's arms (rear head butt).
  • Crane foot strikes ---- Heel Kick - Knife Edge Kick - Stomp (facing 1:30, across the aggressor's instep)
  • Inside buckle with the right leg toward 7:30 (forward bow facing 1:30)
  • Step forward with the right foot and pivot to a forward bow facing 4:30 (heel trap to feel, move forward to buckle and collapse the aggressor to the ground).
  • Rear Crossover toward 6:00 O'clock and a thrusting heel kick to the aggressor's groin (he should be lying on the ground - if he backpedals, kick high).
I really like the technique much better executed in this manner. As I learned the technique, it just seemed kind of silly, as it does in the forms.

I'll just throw this out for anyone who is curious.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions