Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
How "good" was EP's 1960's Kenpo?
By nelson - 10-27-2010 11:15 AM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Dear Kenpo brothers and sisters,
Unlike many of you here I've been stuck in a time warp for the last 30 years since the death of my instructor Mike Sanders in 1979. Since that time my kenpo instruction has for all and intents and purposes ceased. Over the years I've taken BJJ and some kung fu, helped coach MMA and lately I've found great satisfaction in the practice of Chi Kung. Recently on this website I ran across some EP 1960's kenpo moves that were exactly as I had first learned them over 30 years ago. To say I was delighted to find these gems would be an understatement.

This question is not to be considered a slam on anyone in kenpo today. Other than Doc who posts on this website I'm not sure who really has EP's original principles and philosophy down pat so to speak.

So what do you all think? Has EP's kenpo from the 60's been declared obsolete over the years or does it still have validity? I happen to believe it does, by the way, and have been delighted to review and practice what I was taught so long ago.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We must not forget that Ed Parker was both a boxer and a judo Black belt before ever studying kenpo; so, if the kenpo didn't look like it does today, there was still a strong foundation.
Sean

Latest Discussions