KT:Great Workouts

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Great Workouts
By crane557 - Sat, 04 Nov 2006 15:32:30 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

So I was talking to a friend last night and I stated how I had not sparred in a while and I gassed fast. We talked about how sparring is a great cardio workout and he brought up an interesting point. He stated that surfing big sets is an even better workout because you can stop for a break in sparring, but the waves won't let you stop in surfing. Any thoughts?

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I posted to this on KT, but will drag my thoughts on this over here.

Personally, I get the best work out doing something I truely enjoy. I don't like to run, so I give up before I get much benefit from it. Also, no motivation to run. Now, if it's riding horses, I could do that all day, because I am more focused on the event than my sore tired body. I get a great work out with Kenpo. I am gaining weight and loosing inches. That tells me it's working and I can start adding to it later as I need to. At least I am out there doing something! Surfing would not work too well for me because I have a huge fear of being in water over my head, and I panic. But, the theroy of having to finnish because the waves don't stop is very true. However, I think it can be over done too causeing your body harm. If you need to take a break, you should probably listen to your body and take a break.

Latest Discussions