Krav Maga experience in Miami?

sharpcircle

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'll be moving to Miami soon and would like to start training in KM. Anyone here have good KM experiences in Miami? Can someone recommend a good place to train?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'll be moving to Miami soon and would like to start training in KM. Anyone here have good KM experiences in Miami? Can someone recommend a good place to train?

Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Here is a link that includes some schools in FL, with a few in the Miami area. Here is another link with schools.

I do not live in Florida, so I can't judge on the quality of instruction, etc., but its a start for you. Your best bet would be, once you get there, to check out a school. Florida seems to have a wide variety of schools, so I'm sure you'll find something.

Mike

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I concur with Mike that their are quite a few schools down that way so check out several and find the one that suits you the best.
icon14.gif

OP
S

sharpcircle

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks guys. But what exactly do I look for in the school?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. But what exactly do I look for in the school?

Here is a little info. However, to further expand. The classes in and of themselves are pretty physical. You'll warm up, bag work/focus pad work, techniques, etc. I came across this clip of a Level 1 class. I usually don't like to base an opinion of something off of a clip. IMHO, you will get a much better opinion if you see it for yourself, but this should give you an idea.

Talk to the instructor. Ask about pricing, class options, what classes are like, etc. I'd suggest watching and/or taking a trial class as well.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

sharpcircle

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the vid MJS. That looks like a fitness class though. Can I skip to Level 2? I have some TKD and boxing experience so am fairly familiar with the basic punches and kicks. Plus I'm quite active and keep myself in shape. How much technique is in Level 1?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vid MJS. That looks like a fitness class though. Can I skip to Level 2? I have some TKD and boxing experience so am fairly familiar with the basic punches and kicks. Plus I'm quite active and keep myself in shape. How much technique is in Level 1?

Like I said, the classes are pretty physical. You'll definately get a very good cardio workout. As for the classes, take a look at this. I would think that unless you were able to perform all of the things on L1 to their expectations, you wouldn't be able to jump to L2.

Mike

Latest Discussions